LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ammo1970

Bearcat
I have been CC an LCP.I see now there is a new model, the LCP Custom. It has a metal slide rod. Sure would like to put one of those in my own LCP. Anyone know if it would be a swap out or is it more difficult than that????

coldwater

Bearcat
If you know how to remove the slide from your pistol, replacing the guide rod takes about 20 seconds.

Welcome to the forum guys. I am curious, ammo1970, why do you want an SS guide rod? It is harder, doesn't flex much at all, and could potentially score and damage plastic parts. Years ago this was discussed at length on Ktog (keltec owners forum). The P3AT is the same as the LCP internally. The consensus was no appreciable benefit. Cold water is correct. Good luck.
gramps

revhigh

Hawkeye
ammo1970 said:
Sure would like to put one of those in my own LCP.

Anyone know if it would be a swap out or is it more difficult than that????

First ... WHY ?

Second ... If you don't know how to replace a guide rod ... Why would you want to ?

REV

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I put a stainless one in mine because this was my factory one after less than 200 rounds...

lcpgr1.jpg

No issues with the stainless so far but I haven't put many rounds through it since it was installed.

coldwater

Bearcat
Gizmo42 said:
I put a stainless one in mine because this was my factory one after less than 200 rounds...

lcpgr1.jpg

No issues with the stainless so far but I haven't put many rounds through it since it was installed.

WOAH!

modrifle3

Buckeye
coldwater said:
Gizmo42 said:

lcpgr1.jpg

WOAH!

That looks like blued steel not stainless and isn't the stock lcp rod plastic?

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
That looks like blued steel not stainless and isn't the stock lcp rod plastic?

That pic is the factory steel rod, not the replacement stainless one. It still worked but I didnt trust it.

Latest posts