LCP Takedown Pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8905c

Bearcat
I recently purchased an LCP for a personal defense back-up gun. I have only fired about 50 rounds through it. I have not experienced any problems with the function of the gun. Accuracy is about what I expected from a pocket pistol.
In the past couple of days, I have read where some LCP owners have experienced problems with the takedown pin in their guns. Some of the takedown pins have sheared off, while others have walked out of the gun. It sounds like some LCP owners have purchased the Tandemkross replacement pin and it solved the problem, while others have not solved the problem with the Tandemkross pin. I did notice that these posts were not within the past 4-5 months, and I am wondering if Ruger has solved this problem with the LCP.
While I like the size and feel of my LCP, I am somewhat concerned about the reliability of the gun after reading about this problem. Any experiences or thoughts are appreciated.
8905c

Thor

Bearcat
I have had mine for maybe 2 months now and, I experienced those problems within the first 24 hours that I owned it. My original pin broke at about 80 rounds and, the replacement would walk out about every 20 rounds give or take. I tried the Galloway Precision pin first with the exact same results as the Ruger pin. I then tried the TandemKross pin and, have not had a single problem yet. So far I have ran 250 rounds with this pin and, believe my problems with my LCP are over.

If not for TandemKross I would have sold it by now.

8905c

Bearcat
Thanks for the response Thor. I am going to go ahead and order a TandemKross pin.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I still have the original pin in mine and never had an issue with a few hundred rounds through it. Thinking of getting the TK pin for good measure though. There are lots of reports of those having issues as well but most that I have read ended up that something was wrong with the gun and Ruger replaced the whole thing.

The fact that their exists doubt in my mind about the durability of the factory pin, and that it is enough of a problem to consider an aftermarket pin, makes me doubt the product.

DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
The fact that their exists doubt in my mind about the durability of the factory pin, and that it is enough of a problem to consider an aftermarket pin, makes me doubt the product.
Interesting. I have had mine for 3 years. No problems.
gramps

mike243

Bearcat
I have had mine about 4 years with no problems also, I also have not had to change any other parts to make the gun operate properly , any thing man made is apt to fail if not taken care of or is used regularly , also some designs are better than others . They would never sell another pistol if they didn't wear out or break or some thing different was wanted