LC9s Pro Trigger Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rustic17

Bearcat
I just bought an LC9s Pro for my wife. We had looked at LC9s Standards at a couple of gun stores and liked the short, easy trigger pull mentioned many times on this forum. They didn't have the Pro model so we had to wait a week or two until one came in. Can anyone validate or discuss the following? The Pro we got must be relatively new because it has the guide rod with the conical end as discussed on this forum. When I pull very slowly on the trigger it seems to me to be a longer pull than the Standards we tried. And there are two definite soft clicks you feel (and can even be heard) just before the trigger break. I liked the smooth, short pull of the Standards...but I do like the clicks just before the break on our Pro, even though it seems to be a slightly longer pull. Is this a new feature? Please feel free to comment and thanks for the inputs.

erichp

Bearcat
I picked up my LC9s Pro last month. I was sold on this little gun based on the standard LC9s trigger after the shop owner took one out for me to look at after I was telling him my dislike of the trigger feel of striker guns. I was sold by that sweet trigger folks talk about. Then 2 days later he called to tell me the pro would be in and was thrilled to go that way without the nannies.

Day comes to do the transfer, and we get it out, and the trigger felt off just like you described. I could stay so just discounted it at the time. Day comes to do the pick up, we got out the first LC9s and my pro. Sure enough trigger is different and as you noted. It was heaver, and i could feel what I think is coil bind. It did present like a longer travel, but I think that was more the spring tension than actual distance as side by side the break points seemed in the same location.

Possibly a new batch of springs, or they are keeping to their spec more so. They claim 5.25 lb or there abouts + or - 1 lb. My spring scale says between 5.2 and 5.5, so just past spec. but not servicable or something they would address. If I slowly squeeze, I don't get the clicks as much as hear the coil tension from the bind and it vibrates as it overcomes the friction between coils before the break.

Its disappointing since the trigger sold me and this was isnt the same, but easy enough to get a new spring or wait to see what a couple of the aftermarkets are coming up with.

No clicks on mine... nice smooth pull and then snap. I actually did not like the dry fire pull of the trigger... it seems way too easy to me... but when I actually shot the gun I liked it. the 'clicks' sound like rough spots on the sear or what ever and might smooth out on their own.