my new ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44-357

Single-Sixer
today I hit a police supply shop that had old used guns from police depts. I looked at a new looking P89 and a P97dc talked them down to $200 each. I had a P89 years ago but never had a ruger 45.I passed on the p89 and went with the P97dc it was very dirty but I cleaned it up nice. It has a darn good trigger pull. but only one mag. so now ill look for me some extra mags.

Al James

Hunter
Those were a couple of good buys. You shouldn't lose money if you ever decide to let loose of them. I wish I could buy $200 dollar P guns. :(

roylt

Hunter
he way I read your post is you left the 89 there!?!?! Go back ASAP. You could resell the 89 and pay almost nothing for the 97.

Luck duck.

Al James

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I would have saved my money towards a real gun..

I would be saving up another $200 for the P89 he left behind. Here's an interesting read on the P97DC that I found the other day while cruising. Back before Dick was a Richard in everyones opinion:

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aastrugerp97a.htm

welder

Buckeye
I have that exact article in an old copy of Shooting Times. I kept it around and it is responsible for some of my initial interest in "P" guns. The P97 is on my list to complete my collection of P's and when I find a "complete as shipped" specimen I'll grad it.
Good price on a great gun.

44-357

Single-Sixer
I am going back tomorrow to get a Mossberg 500 pistol grip for $150. they will take $130 and I may get the P89. they are not the dc model well not the one I looked at. some times it pays to be in Law Enforcement. And what do you call a real gun? I have 2 security sixs ,4 super blackhawks,a singlesix,a super redhawk,1 vaquero,1 blackhawk