tiffany blue P89, not mine but nice job.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Cerakote-Refinishing-Glock-Slide-G19-G23-G17-G34-All-models-guns-/161548760577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259d0e7601

wixedmords

Blackhawk
Not really my color royIt, but I think it came out well. I would look at a sky blue, but that color blue is not really my thing. Would look better contrasted in black, imo.

Bet they do other colors well though. Would be a nice color for a female though possibly.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
While I can appreciate the effort it's really not me either. Most of these turn out well except in the cases where people cut corners. I really think to do this right any pistol needs to be detail stripped (or very nearly) to avoid coating on parts that where not intended.

The colors I tend to favor for the Cerakote are Battleship Grey, Tungsten, or even the Magpul OD Green. But it's good that there's options for everyone.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
pjvrefugee said:
I prefer pink. seriously? my grandchildren would think it a toy! oh well, to each his own.
Yeah...I've ranted on that subject several times so I'll abstain here. But, c'mon, don't we have enough image problems without making guns that look like toys???

roylt

Hunter
I really like the P-series and that is why I posted. I personally like factory colors. REM finish is the BEST!

I actual just had the "toy" thought as I was looking for AR furniture. I'm a single Dad and try to teach my kids right from wrong but if they found that 89 in the park would they stay away or think to play? I like to think they would do as taut but kids will be kids too.

Again this is not mine.