I bought a Ruger P94 pistol for a gift

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CBH

Bearcat
This gun has a blue steel slide with "P94" on the side of the slide. I tried looking up the date of manufacture but the serial number on the frame indicates the gun is a P 944 made in 2006. Did I buy a Frankenstein parts gun, or were the later models marked this way? Thanks for any input.

Al James

Hunter
P94 would be the correct slide marking for manual safety models in either blued or SS. P94's were made until 2010. The slides were marked P94 in both calibers even though the catalog called them P94[9mm] and P944[40S&W]. It has led to confusion before. Great guns BTW.

CBH

Bearcat
Well here it is. No box, one spare magazine, Hogue grip sleeve. I hope to shoot it this weekend.

Ruger_P94.jpg

rugerp94.jpg

Al James

Hunter
Nice gun! Looks like a later production manual safety, Camblock model. Would have been cataloged as a P944. Should be a nice shooting reliable pistol. Looks like there is a little Ruger Plum to that slide too. I would ditch the slip on Hogue in favor of one of the Hogues that are made to utilize the grip screws[Hogue #94000]. Let us know how she shoots!