LC9s NY compliant Magazine ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I picked up my new LC9s this morning.

Didn't come with the orange New York compliant magazine.

Are they supposed to come with one?

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Might call the shop where you picked it up first. They may have played with your gun a bit and forgotten to put the orange monstrosity back in the box.

I removed the magazine disconnect from mine so my orange monstrosity will be going in the box to be saved with all the other little bits in case I ever sell the gun... LOL

John

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Small shop and I was there the day she got it in. Didn't miss it till I was looking at a couple of magazine disconnect videos on youtube.

I looked it over to make sure the new style guide, check the magazine, it's made in Italy.

As good as Ruger QC has been as of late, if it was supposed to be there I want it.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
RugerForMe said:
Small shop and I was there the day she got it in. Didn't miss it till I was looking at a couple of magazine disconnect videos on youtube.

I looked it over to make sure the new style guide, check the magazine, it's made in Italy.

As good as Ruger QC has been as of late, if it was supposed to be there I want it.

Yep, understand that completely. BTW, I haven't seen a really good youtube video on removing the disconnect on the striker fired LC9s, yet. Most of the vids are on the LC9 and there seem to be some minor differences. There are two guys in a pi$$ing contest with each other over whether the disconnect can be removed without removing the trigger. On my LC9s I can say that I decided not to risk it because it was obviously "hooked" in pretty good and I feared scratching the trigger and mucking up that smooth pull that attracted me to the gun in the first place. The one video shows the disconnect practically falling out...but I think there may be two slightly different parts used for the disconnect because the one in that video appeared to have a much shorter tab than the one I removed.

In any case, removing the trigger itself is a piece of cake so I recommend just doing that as a matter of course.

If you watch all of the videos...take with a grain of salt...and then use your head you won't have any problem at all. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes...having done it once I don't think it would take much more 10 if I were to do it again (and I've heard of shops charging $65 to do it...).

Check your feed ramp really closely...although if you get good range results with a variety of ammo I suppose that will prove the ramp. Mine initially wanted to be picky about feeding wide-mouth HPs. The feed ramp was about the roughest I've ever seen. Flitz and a buffing wheel on a Dremel, at low speed and working vertically along the face of the ramp, solved that issue quite nicely - but it took much longer than the polishing that I routinely do on a new pistol. It's a shame we have to do that on a brand new gun but once it's done the gun is really a pretty nice little bit of work. Good accuracy for its size, etc.

John

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Oh, wait, did you get the LC9s Pro, by any chance? If so there would be no reason for it to have the orange monstrosity because it doesn't have a magazine disconnect...

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Not sure I'm going to do the disconnect right away. Not a top priority right now. Getting it broken in is.

But the feed ramp is going to get polished to a mirror finish. I've dealt with enough 1911s that wouldn't feed.

And this is the LC9s not the pro

410704907.jpg

here's the feed ramp on my 1911R1S
410643895.jpg

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Looks good. I see you got the grip sleeve, too. I shot mine with and without and it's definitely worthwhile. I also found that the slick, slanted/rounded face of the trigger guard really annoyed me. A little time and some redneck's friend fixed that! http://johnatchley.com/?p=456

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
OldePhart, I saw in another post was wondering where you found that frame.

I don't even touch the front of my trigger guard so no issue for me. The pachmayr grip sleeve was a gift from the dealer. Since I have bear paws it makes a HUGE difference.

Now the staircase they call a feed ramp will get attention.

6gun

Hunter
Why care if your New York compliant or not? they passed unconstitutional infringement's on your natural rights no way would I comply.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
6gun said:
Why care if your New York compliant or not? they passed unconstitutional infringement's on your natural rights no way would I comply.
It's a joke. The LC9s comes with an orange plastic training magazine so the gun can be easily cycled and dry fired (empty magazine slide lock + magazine disconnect = pain in the backside).

Obviously, it's not essential - you can use an empty magazine and only move the slide back about 3/8" to set the striker. That's what I did until I got around to removing the magazine disconnect because the stupid orange monstrosity doesn't like to eject...it's the opposite of the USA factory mags in that you can't get the stupid thing to release!

Folks call the training magazine "New York compliant" because it's a solid piece of plastic that you can't put any bullets in... ;)

John