New LC9s PRO!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rei40c

Blackhawk
The most fair dealer I know within 50 miles of me is offering a new LC9 Pro version for $389 (which I consider a fair price for what it is). I've for years watched their prices and they seem to sell as cheap as they can across many different makes and models. So yes, I'd say you did very well considering that includes tax. How did you get such a good deal on it?

Sloman

Bearcat
well, actually I had to pay the tax as an extra but am glad I got a great deal. The dealer had posted the "special" on ARMSLIST.COM and I happen to come across it the other day. Dealer says he occasionally runs specials for armslist viewers. Thanks for the help.

Sloman

Bearcat
LOL, saw it in two other stores around here: one at $370, the other at $380.
Took it to range today, 100 rounds through it without one hiccup. So far so good!

Sloman

Bearcat
Hey Bearcat, good luck.
FYI: tell them you saw their add on Armslist. They told me that's a special advertising price.

I've now got 268 rounds (all fmj, all different manufacturers) through mine with not one error or problem. Accuracy is acceptable. This is not a target gun.

But, I've got 3 complaints:
1. The trigger pinches my index finger
2. The grip does not have enough "grip" to it so I'm looking to add a grip sleeve
3. The takedown is stupid with the "pin" idea they use. Why could they not just do like the rest of them?

But other than that, she's been good. I'm impressed, especially for a $320 gun.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Sloman said:
Hey Bearcat, good luck.
FYI: tell them you saw their add on Armslist. They told me that's a special advertising price.

I've now got 268 rounds (all fmj, all different manufacturers) through mine with not one error or problem. Accuracy is acceptable. This is not a target gun.

But, I've got 3 complaints:
1. The trigger pinches my index finger
2. The grip does not have enough "grip" to it so I'm looking to add a grip sleeve
3. The takedown is stupid with the "pin" idea they use. Why could they not just do like the rest of them?

But other than that, she's been good. I'm impressed, especially for a $320 gun.

Just a couple of thoughts...first, if you're planning on carrying this fire it some with your defensive carry ammo! I know the stuff is expensive but that's good advice for any pistol but especially this one. Mine initially had some issues feeding hollow points with very wide mouths. The feed ramp was the roughest I've seen. After several minutes with some Flitz and a Dremel buffing wheel, working vertically along the face of the ramp, it is now glass smooth and feeds hollow points with no problem.

I found that a grip sleeve helped quite a bit. However, it was still kind of a snappy little pistol and the trigger guard makes it pretty much impossible to get a good grip on the front of the trigger guard. So, I used some redneck's friend (original J.B. Weld) to "cast" a square face on the trigger guard. The gun is a lot more controllable now and more pleasant to shoot; it also now rapid fires much tighter groups.

The "pin and gate" take down is a bit annoying the first couple of times. On mine it limbered up quickly after a range session or two and a good cleaning. Now, the pin will fall out after lowering the gate and moving the slide back about 1/16". You do have to be careful not to lose it, of course, but otherwise it works fine; nowhere near as easy and "loss proof" as a Glock or what have you, but functional.

Sloman

Bearcat
Thanks Single-Sixer! I tried a Hogue slip on grip and I did not like it. So I went ahead and bought a bicycle inner tube at Walmart and made a slide-on grip for it. Will be testing it soon along with my carry ammo. Thanks for that heads up!

Sent you a private message Sloman.... I would like to know the store you got that one from... I sent Dewey's an email two weeks ago and they never replied to me. I was planning to pick one of these up... and still am... problem is my wife wants a new car....