What will Ruger reveal at SHOT show this year?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Buckeye Bill said:
Mini and Scout rifle in 300 AAC

Pump action shotgun

Bill

I'm hoping for a SR45c. They would get my money for that one and that is the model that I am anticipating because it just seems to be a natural progression of the SR line. That way I could also quit writing Ruger every few weeks about it. :wink:

I would also be interested in a pump gun! I have not caught the Blackout bug yet, it appears that I am in the minority on that one though. I'm still bummed that Ruger botched the 6.8SPC mini, I would be interested in one if they reintroduced it with the correct SPCII chamber and a proper twist rate. One can hope right?

Al James

Hunter
INDY45 said:
An SR45c would be nice and I'd like to see LC9s in stainless, Those two will get my money fast.

Indy

I've been waiting for a SS LC9 since they first came out. I ended up just going with the SR compacts. Now that they have introduced the LC9s PRO, I would be all over one of those in SS. Maybe even before I grabbed a SR45c. We shall soon see I guess.

No-1

Single-Sixer
An empty display for the Red Label & No1s they will offer. At least Lipsey's is taking up the No1s.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
They just introduced an aluminum framed 1911 CMD.

Maybe a compact SR45 is next or an LCR in 327 Mag.

A coach gun? A double mag shorty HD/SD pump shotgun?

I'm still waiting for the practical tactical LCP but you can only dream, sigh.

welder

Buckeye
Well, how about mailing labels with each new gun? :?

Seriously though, I would like to see a new carbine that would work with both P mags and SRmags.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Do you guys ever wonder if they will eventually run out of ideas for these new pistols? Say the lc9 and Sr sized compacts... how much more can really be done or changed? I've been watching the shot shows for the last few years increasingly I've noticed a trend for new ideas just for the sake of new ideas.

In other words the changes across all manufacturers seem to be getting less and less useful and more odd for lack of a better term. Now that shot show has become what it is in terms of visibility I think it puts a lot of pressure on the designers to come up with something new every year no matter if there is a need or not.

There's always some good ideas there sure, but next time you see a video online from shot notice how much of the gear there is different just for the sake of being different.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Rei40c said:
...the changes across all manufacturers seem to be getting less and less useful and more odd for lack of a better term.

Ain't that the truth. That's what happens when the "old guard" of real gun enthusiasts at these various companies retire or take up fertilizing daisies and are replaced by whiz kids with marketing degrees and no powder and iron in their blood...

Al James

Hunter
I'm losing hope here guys.....a Blue 22-45 and an LCP with a red trigger.....Really? :shock:

The last couple years Ruger seemed to introduce some pretty good new products in the 3-6 months before SHOT Show, but just saved the silly cosmetic tweaks for the show. It's like they decided they won't follow the crowd using the show forum for important new products. Not a bad idea really. Pick your own exclusive time and forum to intro the Good Stuff to the market.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
steveodtw said:
The last couple years Ruger seemed to introduce some pretty good new products in the 3-6 months before SHOT Show, but just saved the silly cosmetic tweaks for the show. It's like they decided they won't follow the crowd using the show forum for important new products. Not a bad idea really. Pick your own exclusive time and forum to intro the Good Stuff to the market.

That's true, I suppose it's a good thing that products are not being rushed out simply for the sake of making SHOT. Also it occurred to me that most new customers (new shooters) probably have no idea what SHOT is anyway, and may or may not even care. Most who I know who follow it are long time enthusiasts who's firearms money is hard earned, and tend to hold out for the lowest possible price due to their experience. I know I got burned a few times getting into it money wise. Not badly, but I'd never have paid the prices I did on my first firearms now. Part of the learning experience I suppose.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
57K said:
...If the 45c hasn't been announced, or isn't, I think it's probably due to technical glitches yet to be resolved....

It would certainly be a refreshing change (or maybe more accurate to say "return to roots") if that is the case...

John