Back pocket carry your LCP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1022Good

Bearcat
A nice add for back pocket carry, just in case. Makes it so that your LCP is camouflaged to look like your wallet if it ever becomes visible in your pocket.

I've carried mine this way in an Uncle George's pocket holster for years and the set up works very well for me. In most of my jeans, the back pocket is deep enough so it's invisible and it looks just like a wallet, but in a couple of pairs jeans a partial view of the goods could be exposed ever so slightly if you are looking down at the right angle from above. Check out the pictures below. I added this originally about two years ago. I fully expected it to be temporary as I thought it would wear off in time, but it hasn't. Here's how I did it. I printed the fat wallet on a color printer on regular paper, trimmed it and made a few small cuts to allow it to conform to the shape of the back strap, and used scotch tape to put it on my gun. I've shot this gun many times since and it's still hanging there. It's nothing expensive, but for a gun dedicated to concealed carry, it's a nice bit of added concealment. At this point, I don't think I'll have to do it again any time soon unless they make the LCPs Pro! Feel free to use the fat wallet lcp.jpg below.

Back Pocket View (keep in mind this picture is taken with the flash on)
fwlcp1_zps2b2eb695.jpg

Gun and Holster (notice small cuts in the paper for the bends of the back strap)
fwlcp2_zpsbc9d070a.jpg

Gun only (notice small cuts in the paper for the bends of the back strap)
fwlcp3_zps6ca135be.jpg

Here is a picture you can use, just save and print (fat wallet lcp.jpg):
fatwalletlcp_zps2442a89e.jpg

Cholo

Staff member
I, too, use an Uncle George's pocket holster for my LCP. I don't like rear pocket carry because I don't like sitting on the gun while driving. Also, I found I could look down and see it. Granted, not one in 10,000 would have ever noticed it. I like your idea, but I'll still carry it in my front pocket. Your idea does have merit! :D

luvmyRugers

Single-Sixer
Great idea but I don't care to sit on my P3AT. Front pants pocket or jacket pocket works for me.
Thanks for sharing.

1022Good

Bearcat
Maybe I should have named the thread, "If you back pocket carry your LCP..." Thanks for the feedback though.

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
groberts said:
Sitting on a loaded gun with a hidden hammer and no safety? I've heard of Glock leg, now there will be Ruger butt cheeks.

I would think a hidden hammer would be better.....? Anyways, if you snag yourself so bad that you pull that long little trigger, you are doing something REALLY wrong! :)

I back pocket carry my LCP all the time in an Ace Case or Uncle Mike's pocket holster.....I can't remember which one makes it now.

Jon

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Pockets print.
Install a belt clip (the Kel-Tec clip fits of course) and the LCP can be very comfortably-carried in lots of places.
Lots of boots around here wear such a rig.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Pockets don't print if you use the right holster (i.e. it "prints" as a wallet or cell-phone, that and guarding the trigger on a striker-fired gun are basically the reasons they make pocket holsters)...I still prefer IWB, though, for several reasons. I can carry my LC9s even under a tucked-in dress shirt and, as long as I don't wear a thin white shirt, it's basically invisible. Of course, I've got "love handles" that help in that regard... :)

I pocket carry mine, and on several occasions over the years find the magazine isn't fully inserted on removing it at night. I would think sitting on it could also accomplish the same thing. Something for thought.
gramps

rrent

Bearcat
Gramps, with jeans the seam at the top of the pocket can cause this, especially when carried for left hand. Left rear pocket, bottom of grip pointed toward right rear pocket, mag release facing that top seam. I've gotten into the habit of checking by finger on the rear sights thumb on the mag. If I'm careful and/or check, when inserting the firearm, I don't seam to have this seam problem.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Looks like a gun in a back pocket to me ... Actually draws your eyes there more than if it was just black IMO.

REV