SR9c night sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Indy

Bearcat
Any recommended suggestions on night sights for an SR9c? The sights that came with the pistol are great, but not so easy to see in the dark. Thanks in advance!

OldePhart

Blackhawk
I don't know if they're available for the SR9c but I'm an absolute believer in TruGlo TFO (tritium fiber optic) sights. Very easy to see in all lighting conditions and I've never had a problem with them snagging holsters. I've got them on all of my handguns that they're available for, including the LC9s.

John

HS-LD

Bearcat
The Trijicons are nice. Back sight is easy and you get to keep the elevation adjustment. Front sights can be a bear. Watch the Dillion Precision vid on Youtube. It's about a 1911 but it applies. You really need a vice, aluminum punch, masking tape, sand paper, caliper, and patience. LOTS of patience. It's totally doable though.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
If you're going to change a dovetailed sight that doesn't use a setscrew (i.e. most front sights and some rear sights) I can't recommend a sight pusher strongly enough. This one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H41B14C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is only about 60 bucks, shipped. It's big, ugly, and clunky but it works quite well and it will pay for itself the first time you don't scratch a slide or sight because a punch slips or bends.

Some hints, the big block at the bottom is screwed on - to do most front sights you will need to take the screw out so the block can slip back and forth to clear the lug under the front of the slide. I use some pieces of leather as shims to adjust the height, and I apply painter's tape to the side blocks so they won't scratch the slide and the tip of the pusher so it doesn't scratch the sight.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.