SR9c look see

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Well, I went down and did a side by side at the LGS range between the standard SR9 and the SR9C. I've about made up my mind and will likely settle on the standard SR9. Liked the trigger and feel better than the 9c, and they're about the same weight and size and wouldn't make a whole lot of difference for carry. So I need to start saving my pennies, and looking for the best deal on the SR9 at other local shops.

Thanks for all the input on this thread, y'all. :mrgreen:

Trucker

Single-Sixer
GunnyGene said:
Trucker said:
Fyrfightr said:
The grip cover that goes over the bottom of the 17 round mag does not feel as secure and pinches your hand during quick mag changes.

That's an easy fix! REAL easy!

Care to elaborate?

Sorry about not getting back to you ... just now saw your request.

If you watched the video, there's pretty much the answer. I used the "fluffy" part of Velcro tape instead of the foam tape the guy in the video used. Also, I placed the Velcro tape inside the adapter rather than on the back of the magazine ... two reasons. [1] I can now use the adapter on multiple magazines, and [2] I can still use the 17 round magazine in an SR9. Presto ... job done and problem solved!

The adapter now is TIGHT! No wiggle, no pinch, and no room to move up or down. But the adapter can still be removed very easily. And, if for any reason I ever want to undo it all I have to do is remove the Velcro tape.

Once again, I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner.