SR9c and SR9 trigger differences???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hinkruger

Single-Sixer
This is a quick question; somebody told me there is a difference in the triggers of the SR9c and Full size SR9. Is this true? Reports of the full size have a more gritty trigger. I have several pistols and I absolutely love the SR9c trigger. Light and crisp. Is this just an internet rumor?

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
could go either way. they all smooth out with a little work or just by shooting. consecutive numbers could be different and a compact could be grittier than a full size, no rule that I have seen. I own five and have gifted three more, all close. the SR9 that I own is an early one, it took a little extra work to get the trigger as nice as the others were out of the box.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Suggest you take a look at this: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/11/robert-farago/gun-doctor-dishes-the-dirt-on-ruger-sr9c-vs-sr40-triggers/

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The early first generation SR9 pistols, the ones with the round mag release, don't have as good a trigger, but all the later SR pistols seem about the same, at least all of mine are pretty much the same.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
cjs1945 said:
The early first generation SR9 pistols, the ones with the round mag release, don't have as good a trigger, but all the later SR pistols seem about the same, at least all of mine are pretty much the same.
same as compact version?

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Yes, my SR9, SR9c, SR40, SR40c and SR45 all have pretty much the same trigger. There was some difference when they were new, but after a few hundred rounds they are close enough so i can't tell the difference.