Lc9 conversion?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

That is a very good question. This I will research.

If it's anything like converting a Sig P22X series from DAC to DA/SA, it's going to require some different parts to be installed.

I think on the LC series they may need different slides even...

Trucker

Single-Sixer
Even steven said:
Can an LC9 be easily/economically converted to LC9s striker?

Sure. Three easy steps.

[1] Pack the LC9 up with everything that came with it.

[2] Load it up and drive to the nearest LGS that takes trades.

[3] Lay the LC9 up on the counter and make a deal for a new LC9S.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
@Trucker pretty much has the right of it, I think. I suspect that at the very least you'd have to replace the entire slide assembly, and probably the trigger assembly as well. With the rest of the gun being mostly plastic, and the parts to build a gun costing more than the finished product, it would probably be cheaper to just buy an LC9s even without trading the LC9 in on it.

John

Even steven

Bearcat
Thanks, olde P....guess that was the mature answer I was looking for. Appreciate, it, and merry Christmas

FergusonTO35

Hunter
You might call Ruger and ask about it. I know that officially they would want nothing to do with such an idea, but stranger things have happened. I have read credible reports of Ruger swapping different length barrels, refinishing, even changing caliber free of charge. If the tech who picks up the phone when you call has been wondering about such a thing himself he might make it happen for you.