whats the going rate for a used lc9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I recently ran across a raspberry colored lc9 I knew my wife would love it but the price was a bit steep in my opinion for used . it was at a fairly new lgs that opened up about 5 min from my house I was in 1 day ran across this gun had him take it from the case so I could look at it all seemed ok it had 2 mags the ruger carry pouch and a ruger lock that looked big enough to lock up city hall with . the price on it was 305 $ keep in mind this is a used gun in good condition but still used . I told him I wanted to do a little research before I bought anything so when I looked them up online when I got home I saw his price was out of line in my opinion .so I was in the same shop a couple weeks later looking for powder when I saw his used pistol display case had a sign on it all used guns on sale and he still had the raspberry lc9 and now its down to 250 $ he got it out I looked at it again and he says if you want that today and pay cash for it i'll take 220$ . I didn't have enough on me but I did give him 60 to put it back for me . he wouldn't give me the extra 20 off on a lay away but all and all I think 250 was reasonable ,any opinions he also had a used lc380 there for 199 but it was just plain black and I knew the wife would like the raspberry color better not to mention I have ALLOT more reloading componants for 9mm than I do 380.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
I think you're going to find prices falling rapidly on LC9 guns now that the LC9s (and now LC9s Pro) have been released. The trigger pull on the LC9 is long relative to the length of the grip and a lot of people have trouble with it on such a small frame (biggest issue seems to be that pulling the finger back so far on the short grip ends up rotating the barrel off target).

Anyway, unless you or even better your wife have shot an LC9 and liked it I'd be pretty cautious. I've shot for years, mostly DA and striker-fired, and I compared LC9 and LC9s triggers and wouldn't even consider the former. If the LC9s had not been available I would have been carrying something else entirely.

Re. the color - I know that pink/blue/purple/lime green whatever guns are all the rage right now but you'll never find one in my holster or that of someone I love. If they have to draw on someone I don't want something cutesy and fashionable that makes the assailant think, "awwww how cute."

It sounds funny, and I'll acknowledge that I'm a grumpy old curmudgeon, but your average criminal is not really afraid of your gun...he's afraid of your gun if he sees resolve to use it in your face. Assailants tend to think women are less likely to shoot anyway...and my personal opinion is that having a gun that looks like a cutesy fashion statement would make that reaction even more likely.

Just my $0.02 and you're welcome to ignore it. :)

John

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yeah ... I agree .... That gun will NOT be desirable to most people. And paying $250 instead of $220 is ridiculous after he offered it to you for $220. You should never have left money on it. Believe me it'll be there when you go back.

If you can get your money back I would. Otherwise I'd offer $200 OTD and walk if he says no. He's probably only got $150 tops in it.

Raspberry ? Seriously ?

REV

Virginia Boy

Bearcat
I just traded an LC9, for an LC9s, my LC9 was like new, I was allowed
$225.00 on trade, ( I paid $ 350.00 for it new), The dealer was selling
new LC9, for $ 289.00. The LC9s, $ 369.99 new.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Local shops here have them for $250. Any "color" you want.
They mostly came from past buyers who decided to trade them in for the LC9s.
The original buyers got $125 in trade for the LC9. Personally, I'll keep mine for $125, and probably for $250 as well.
Now, make me a $300 offer and we can talk. :)

BTW...I just checked the trigger pull weight on my LC9 and LC9s. Was surprised to find they were pretty close at around 5lbs each. The difference, of course, is the long pull on the LC9. It makes it feel like 10 lbs.
I used a bow weight digital scale, so it's probably not perfectly accurate.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
yes raspberry really, if you paid attention to the post the gun is for my wife not me, I wouldn't carry a funky colored gun . but my wife likes those kind of things as do allot of women . im a big boy I can take it if people think I paid a little to much . I posted for opinions on price not color . also I made an error on op he offered 230 cash right now he was offering to take 20 off I just didn't have the cash on me .

roylt

Hunter
You can get LC9s for 350 plus transfer new. and now they have blue and other colors with colored slides.

I'm holding out for a pro model.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'm lucky that I sold of my LC9 w/CT and 2 mags for $400 a couple of years ago before the prices completely dropped off with the introduction of the Shield and LC9s. Now with the LC9s pro you'll practically have to give the original LC9s away.