LC9s Pro without external safety and mag disconnect

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Make it in SS please! I have held off on the LC9 for years but would have to buy this one if it comes out in SS.

Damn! I just read the email add all the way through... and I had every intention of not buying another gun this year.... and here they go and make exactly what I want and did not ever expect them to... I figured their (Ruger's) lawyers would never allow them to ever make a pistol again with out a safety... and no mag disconnect on top of that... now.. just as Al James said... stainless steel would be the real deal maker... but I probably won't wait.

5of7

Hunter
I didn't know about the LC9s PRO until this morning when I read it here on the forum, so I accessed the web site and read up on it.

I find neither of these features to be a reason to disdain my LC9s, so I am looking forward to getting a good buy on another LC9s in the future. 8)

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I prefer a thumb safety and already removed the mag disconnect from mine (easy to do). So, not sorry at all for the one I bought. With the LC9 I never understood having the thumb safety but with the much lighter/shorter trigger pull on the S I prefer having it.

5of7

Hunter
Gizmo42 said:
I prefer a thumb safety and already removed the mag disconnect from mine (easy to do). So, not sorry at all for the one I bought. With the LC9 I never understood having the thumb safety but with the much lighter/shorter trigger pull on the S I prefer having it.

The safety does not have to be engaged, so that should not be an issue. As to defeating the magazine disconnect, that should be no problem either.

However....if a gun has been used successfully in a defense encounter, it is better if the gun has not been altered in any way. Not so much because of the legality of the shoot, but in terms of subsequent litigation by the shootee's family. 8)

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Got mine today....not too bad...announced what? Tuesday....LGS ordered 2 and they came in today...one went home
with me! And got my LC9 S sold at the same time!
Merry Christmas to me from me!
And Ruger!

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
Hmmm...still smarting from getting an LC9 shortly before the s came out. This doesn't make me feel any better.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Hmmm...with the release of the Pro I might be willing to remove the disconnect on my LC9s. With a factory gun being offered without it I might be willing to take the risk in civil court in the case of a lawsuit after a PD incident because I could rebut the "you carelessly rendered your gun unsafe" with "no, I could have purchased one without the disconnect but would have had to forego a manual safety and I felt that because I ride a motorcycle the manual safety was important." Heck, I wouldn't even be lying!

John

dingode

Single-Sixer
I guess they followed S&W's lead. I may have to go look at one of these to see if I want to add it to the stable. Now if they'll just leave the mag disconnect out of the MKIII pistols.

jb1911

Bearcat
Gizmo42 said:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
Gizmo42 said:

My sentiments exactly. :D

Boge

Single-Sixer
These are gonna sell like ballbats in a riot and moreso if Glock does not intro a single stack 9mm at 2015 SHOT in a few weeks. Perhaps Ruger knows something we don't and is getting the jump on Glock(?).

I almost stopped by my local and closest gun shop yesterday on the way back from the landfill but somehow discipline prevailed ...... but I did just send them an email asking if they had one in stock, if not how soon could they get one and at what cost.... they have what I presume is a standard LC9s in stock for $370. I'm probably in trouble... once I start down a path... it's hard to stop.... and I don't believe in U turns.

Latest posts