Sr9 jamming problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rhinebla

Bearcat
I've been having problems with my sr9, with it not ejecting the fired casing. To where the it doesnt come out of the barrel. Any ideas on the problem? Thanks

OldePhart

Blackhawk
FYI folks can probably be more helpful if you give more information. What ammo? Have you recently changed ammo? How often do you clean the gun? Does it happen every time, or only sometimes? How old (approximately how many rounds fired) is the gun? Has it always done this or is it something new? If it once shot well did it get worse gradually or did the problem start suddenly? Do the cases extract partially from the chamber, or are they still fully seated? (Actually, this might be difficult to determine if the next round is striking them and driving them back in.) Does the fired case extract easily or does removing it require tools?

@Hawkey probably has the right of it...but if it's something that came on gradually and especially if the fired cases are difficult to extract I'd put a close eye on the chamber, too, as a bur or or very dirty chamber could have led to damaging the extractor.

John

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
first thing with any new acquisition is clean and lube. after that use good ammo and make sure to keep your wrist locked as you shoot. if you do not keep the wrist locked it will act as a shock absorber and you will have ejection and feed issues. semi auto works much differently than revolver. the only feed/eject issues I have seen with an SR series pistol in any caliber and including the compact models were from new to semi auto shooters not keeping the wrist straight, aka limp wristing. saw that with two of my daughters. as usual when they paid attention to dad life got easier.