Rubber grips for a Ruger Mark 1?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigChris99

Bearcat
I'd like a set of rubber grips for my Mark 1. Does anyone still make them? Anyone here have a set they want to sell? And, does anyone know if Mark 2 grips(rubber) will fit a Mark 1?

Welcome to the Forum.......The Mark II rubber grips will fit the later, ,A-100 frames, BUT being there is a cutout on the left side of the rubber or ANY Mark II grips,when you try to use them on a Mark I (or standard auto) you have to put some sort of "filler" ?? in this cutout for the hold open lever, OR the pins in the frame will work their way out, to the left, into this "void" and will lock up your gun,, when the sear slips off inside the action,,,,,,,,so pay heed.......................
try not to use anything "permanent" as you may need to put them BACK on a Mark II someday :roll:

you are welcome, by the way , the local shop has ( or had? ) a brand new set, in the blister pack for the MarkII....if you want I can get them for you, he wanted like $28 but would sell them to me for $25, send me an e-mail to tell me or not and I can get them for you......