Need some help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Osage

Bearcat
O.K., first I don't know if this photo attachment process worked, however if it did here is my question, exactly what is it? Yes I know its a P89T as is on the box label, but its not like the other P89T's I've found. The trigger and barrel chamber area is polished metal instead of the normal brushed look of others.

It was previously owned by a total gun novice, who claims to have never fired it. From what I have determined neither Talo or Davidson ever ordered any Special Edition P89T's like this.

Osage

Osage

Bearcat
To clarify, when I referenced the other P89T's I've found, they were comparisons to posted photos, however I did contact a person who has one, he stated that his has a brushed metal finish on the barrel chamber and trigger.

Not having a physical gun to compare, I do not know if there are other differences. There is no indication of who ordered or what qualifies it as a Special Edition P89T

Initially, reading the box label I was fairly certain that I knew what it was, however now I'm not so sure. As is apparent, it looks to be in like new condition.

Osage

hittman

Staff member
Many thousands made for Davidson's from 1996 to 2004.

Info courtesy of RENE.

Osage

Bearcat
Thanks Hittman, maybe there is nothing to learn about this P89T, neither the literature nor the label reference the origin other than Ruger. Since the serial number is in the low end 314- range, apparently it was manufactured in 2000.

The previous owner got it from the original owner's widow, who also claimed it was never fired. From the condition, it appears to have spent 99.9% of the last 14 years in the box

Osage

roylt

Hunter
My guess is the original owner polished these two spots a little thinking it would improve the overall action. Or simply the look.

Scotch brite is cheap and does wonders.

Osage

Bearcat
Roylt:

Since there are no nearby marks or scratches on the gun, it appears the parts were polished either prior to initial assembly and/or completely removed at a later date to perform the task.

Again it just conjecture, but from what is known it does not seem likely that the initial owner had the equipment and/or the skill, since the degree of finish seems professional.

But of course, imagination goes hand in hand with the unknown.

Osage