What are the problems with the P-series ? I don't see any

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
I have a P345 that is my house gun for when ''things go bump in the night''. I have put, by count, over 800 rounds thru this pistol with out one failure of any kind. I did remove the magazine safety for personal reasons however. On the other hand, I had a Glock 21 blow up in my son's hand with factory ammo. No more Glocks in this house.

loaded round said:
I have a P345 that is my house gun for when ''things go bump in the night''. I have put, by count, over 800 rounds thru this pistol with out one failure of any kind. I did remove the magazine safety for personal reasons however. On the other hand, I had a Glock 21 blow up in my son's hand with factory ammo. No more Glocks in this house.

I have had a G22 .40 KB on me once, factory ammo. Sold my 23 and 17 after that.

It is the evolution of any large scale manufacturing.... you create a good product then refine it over time until it is close to perfect... by then enough new folks have come into the plant/corporation and decide it is time to redesign. New is always better right?

I have plans to attend an intense defensive handgun training class in a few months... 500-600 rounds over 4 days.... that is a lot of shooting at least for me.... I'm planning on bringing two or three KP95dc's .....

22/45 Fan

Hunter
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I have had a G22 .40 KB on me once, factory ammo. Sold my 23 and 17 after that.
That's over reaction. The .40 S&W Glocks were the only ones implicated in the "Kaboom" problems. Maybe getting rid of the G23 was wise but the 9 mm G17 has no known issues.

Note that I glossed over the Gluck talk... have no real knowledge of them... I have shot a 17 and some small 45 in Glock but really didn't like the small 45 and the 17 was 'okay' except I limp wristed it... have never been able to limp wrist a Ruger P pistol in 9mm even though my sister in law did...
As for Glock talk one last time: in fact I've shot a Glock 18... now that was a waste of good ammo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfV8HnRDH70

That Glock 18 is owned by a friend of mine and he keeps a shoulder stock on it when folks want to shoot it for better control. I asked him if I could take it off and try it out and he let me. I think the first two rounds might have hit the target.

loaded round

Hunter
Was that before the whole plastic Block went Kaboom?

blume357 said:
That Glock 18 is owned by a friend of mine and he keeps a shoulder stock on it when folks want to shoot it for better control. I asked him if I could take it off and try it out and he let me. I think the first two rounds might have hit the target.

You know it's hard to be real about criticizing Glocks for being plastic on the Ruger Forum.... from many of the P's to the current semi-autos and even some of the revolvers .... the trend seems to have stuck with "high strength space age polymer". New term for plastic...

kind of like the term I saw yesterday in a promotion to upgrade my membership in something I just joined.... seems If I pay them some money, depending on how much, I can be an owner of..... ready for it? "Interval Ownership Condos"..... I guess the words 'time share' are outdated.

Latest posts