Happiness is a P90

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
A new to me 2nd. one that is! I have wanted a second stainless P90 to go with the one I already have for a while now and thanks to a seller here on our board I was able to get just that. After a detail stripped cleaning, inspection and lube I am good to go.

As some here know I have a weak spot for those ole clunkly P guns and diligently seek them out in order to give them a loving home. I am carrying one this winter as concealment is not a problem and feeling pretty good about that. I love the fact that most of my P's were made when Bill himself was at the helm and from that I get a bonus in the satisfaction dept.

Looking forward to that next safe queen P that needs a new home! Anybody?

chefrob1

Single-Sixer
congrats.....that was a good deal! i was eyeballin' that one but i already have one and i have other items on deck.

welder

Buckeye
Thanks! I have a new Springfield 1911 in jail at my LGS that now has to wait a bit longer for freedom because I used the bail money to get the Ruger. Just couldn't pass it up.

slyk54

Bearcat
I actually traded into a p90 a couple weekends ago. Ran 50 rounds through it- flawless and (for me) unbelievably accurate.
Has the blue steel slide- all this for $300- (my investment in the trade) really pleased with this gun

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
welder said:
Thanks! I have a new Springfield 1911 in jail at my LGS that's has to wait a bit longer for freedom now because I used the bail money to get the Ruger. Just couldn't pass it up.
Congrats on picking up another P90 (and on the Springer)!
I've a stainless P345 "in jail at my LGS" :). I think it will get along nicely my P90.
i3dx8k.jpg

Regards,
Greg

welder

Buckeye
Absolutely.
I would really like a set of those grip panels to try. I usually go with the Hogues but those are so much prettier.

I shoot my P90 better and more accurately than any gun I own. They are remarkably accurate and soft shooting. The P345 will mate up beautifully with that P90 and last forever.

Al James

Hunter
welder said:
Absolutely.
I would really like a set of those grip panels to try. I usually go with the Hogues but those are so much prettier.

I shoot my P90 better and more accurately than any gun I own. They are remarkably accurate and soft shooting. The P345 will mate up beautifully with that P90 and last forever.

You have a PM Welder.

OK. I couldn't take it anymore... I broke down and traded into a new (to me) .45

Here it is:

Slide to frame fit is outstanding. Very tight. No wobble/wiggle. Single owner gun and I can tell he hasn't shot it much. Barely any barrel wear and no frame wear. It is the all stainless version including 2 mags. These P220ST pistols are reported to be very accurate. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my new .45...

welder

Buckeye
Congrats on that new toy. :D It is sharp looking.

But a word of caution, the things grow on ya and you'll probably want more.

welder

Buckeye
Exactly
I picked up a P90 a couple weeks ago to go with the one I already have thinking I might be finished for a while. Nope. Five days ago I bid on another P90 on Gunbroker and no one else bid, so I'll be providing room and board to number three by this time next week.

I just can't hardly say no to a good P series gun when the price is right.

I think I'm hearing some grumbling from the 1911's somewhere back in the safe.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
I understand that the mag release spring is the weak link to the P90 and Ruger doesn't have any for repair, let alone for sale. I think I would avoid slapping magazines home with force, in case that would stress that little spring in the grip of the P90. The clever 1911 in the back of the safe has all parts readily available, so he might get smug in the back seat. Having said that, I find my P90 to be a remarkable weapon.

welder

Buckeye
Good pair of Rugers there!

I have been looking at P345's today on GB myself. I had one a few years ago but sold it to a co-worker's wife. I miss it, it did not have the rail and I hope to find another like it.

I sent a message to Ruger, begging them to bring back the P series. I did it just for fun and to see if I could get a response. I'll post it if I do.

welder

Buckeye
I'm sure it is. I haven't seen a bad one yet. I have currently have three and wish I had three more.

I like those grip panels too.