Lovin' my SR9!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

websterz

Single-Sixer
34 rounds of reloads at 15 yards. Ammo was 125 grain cast round nose over 4.6 grains of American Select. A pretty stiff load but accurate as hell! The shots that went wide right were before I started adjusting the sights for the new load. The big ragged hole in the x and ten ring was about 25 rounds in total.
20141128_144712.jpg

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
It's a great gun, I think my favorite Ruger semi, the full size doesn't get as much play as the compact, but it fits the hand perfectly, is slim, balances well, has a great trigger, and I can shoot it more accurately than any 9mm semi auto I have tried, and I have had a few. Keep the word down, maybe the price will drop more. :)

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
LOve mine too- 9 and 9c. 9 is the bedside gun, 9c the carry. Both have Streamlight TLR-4s, light-laser combos. Have a kydex IWB holster that fits the 9c with the light (fits both pistols actually), but it is anything but comfortable. Waiting for Black Hills Leather to deliver a leather OWB, hopefully that will be more comfortable. I agree with the adage the gun/holster is meant to be comforting, not comfortable- but this is a little out of bounds on the comfortable. The kydex is so wide it just ain't right IWB.
With time that SR9 trigger should get better & better- enjoy it.

kc5tty

Bearcat
My son gave me his SR9 when I got back from a long trip and I loved the way it fit me and fired. Shot IDPA and IPSC with it and eventually put a Ghost trigger kit in it to smooth the trigger even more. Bought the SR9C later and took it out to IDPA shoots and shot even better with the smaller version. Ended up giving him the SR9 back because he needed a 9mm and I was just shooting the SR9C.

Fun to outshoot the Glocks, HK's and custom guns with a less expensive BUT WELL MADE PISTOL.

Great line of guns. Wish they'd make the SR45C.

Steve in OK