Old and New LCP's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
I just bought a new LCP. Was told there were some changes made from the old LCP's to the ones made now.

What was changed?

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
More pronounced sights and the hammer cocks back farther in ready position so less/lighter trigger pull.

rear.jpg

triggerpull

Single-Sixer
I had an older lcp and loved it--the only weapon that I had that was a true--go-anywhere conceal IMO since it prints like a cell-phone. I sold it cause I'm in a financial bind--but the one thing I agonized over was the "pretend" sights--this new model looks like a huge improvement. Even so--the lcp is intended as a quick free-hand point and shoot gun so the "challenge" was still a lot of fun. I'll probably get another one day.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Interesting bit about the hammer cocking further back to reduce the trigger pull. One of the features of the original design was a long trigger pull for safety, almost like a small revolver. I am curious to see how much the trigger has been reduced on the new "Elsie Pea". I will have to handle one when I find my way in a LGS. When Ruger introduced the LCP, it was an improved copy of the Kel Tech P3AT, but now with all the continued upgrades and improvements, the Ruger is a better pistol.

ammo dave

Bearcat
I have both models. Trigger pull on the original version is about 1" while the new version trigger breaks after .6" of travel. Trigger pull weight is about the same on both.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I would be fine with the original pull if it didnt break so far back. With my big hands its difficult to bend my finger back that far.

Robes

Single-Sixer
I have an older one and just put some glow-in-the-dark sight paint on the front sight. Makes a HUGE difference as you can pick up that wee bump in the front.

ulflyer

Bearcat
A woman friend of mine is looking for something small to carry in her waistband.
Her problem is that she's very tiny, and recoil sensitive. To me, the LCP looks
like it would suit her, size wise, so my question is, what is the recoil like?
She's tried my Kahr CW380 and thought the recoil was too sharp. Not sure the
LCP is any better, but looking for feedback from owners.

Thanks

Robes

Single-Sixer
I added the Hogue grip on mine and the magazine extender which makes is fit my hand better. I find the recoil very easy. My wife, who is very recoil sensitive, found it VERY easy. She also has a Lady Lilac LC380 that she prefers. It is not much bigger than the LCP and has a safety, which she is more comfortable with. She carries it in one of these...http://www.gungoddess.com/dene-adams-slim-corset-holster-4-colors/

george preston

Single-Sixer
Recoil is snappy but not overly so. It's not a pistol you want to put 100s of rounds through at one time. I try to go to the range 1 time weekly and shoot half a box or so to keep me familiar with it. My wife didn't like it. Trigger pull was too heavy for her