Italian LC9 Magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
The one that comes with the gun is italian( pretty sure Mec-gar). But the factory ones for sale at midway are american made. Some reviews aren't great. Mention the magazine unseating. Anyone know where to get the Italian ones?

Ferges99

Bearcat
kbm6893 said:
The one that comes with the gun is italian( pretty sure Mec-gar). But the factory ones for sale at midway are american made. Some reviews aren't great. Mention the magazine unseating. Anyone know where to get the Italian ones?
Ruger Store has them. You have to call and order in person and specify that you want the Italian one.

jb1911

Bearcat
My LC9S came with a US made magazine. I told Ruger I was having a problem with the magazine dropping on its own and they sent me an Italian made to replace it. I've also seen Italian magazines at Cabelas.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I don't have an LC9 anymore but I recently ordered new mags for my 9E and was glad to see that they were the Italian made MecGar magazines. These were the 2 packs you see offered.

5of7

Hunter
Some reviews aren't great. Mention the magazine unseating.

I have noticed that one needs to be careful to seat the factory magazine fully into the gun because the first little click will not hold it in when ammo is stripped from the magazine.

I just make sure to seat it fully, and no dropped magazines. 8)

Fanner50

Bearcat
I wanted to bring this back to the top. Today, January 25 I was in my local Gander Mountain and in the rack where Ruger magazines are I found four Italian LC9 magazines. With the ten percent discount on everything in the store, the magazines were the same price as on shopruger.com. I bought three of the four magazines. If there is a Gander Mountain in your area it would be a good idea to check there for the Italian made ones. I feel like I really lucked out to get them. :D