LC9s ejector loose

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jb1911

Bearcat
My ejector has a pretty good side to side wiggle on it. Does anyone else have this on their LC9s and could this be why I am experiencing stove pipes?

roylt

Hunter
I don't know about this model but I would think the ejector should be tight so you eject the spent round in about the same place everytime. After you take it apart can you see anything to tighten?

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Mine is nice and tight. Seems a few people have had this problem with both models. Time to call Ruger for warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOPIvpZkWtA

jb1911

Bearcat
Gizmo42 said:
Mine is nice and tight. Seems a few people have had this problem with both models. Time to call Ruger for warranty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOPIvpZkWtA
The video is about the extractor. My problem is with the ejector being loose.

jb1911

Bearcat
I just did a close examination and it seems like a pin goes through the firing pin safety lever, sear and sear spring and the ejector. It appears that all of those parts are kind of flopping around on the pin like their holes are too large. The ejector moves side to side and the sear cocks a bit when pulling the trigger.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Could be it's missing a spacer to put everything snug together, lots of guns will share one pin for a couple of items. A spacer is sometimes used for not only proper spacing but to take out the play.

jb1911

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz said:
Could be it's missing a spacer to put everything snug together, lots of guns will share one pin for a couple of items. A spacer is sometimes used for not only proper spacing but to take out the play.
That's what I was thinking.

Roundup

Bearcat
jb1911 said:
I just did a close examination and it seems like a pin goes through the firing pin safety lever, sear and sear spring and the ejector. It appears that all of those parts are kind of flopping around on the pin like their holes are too large. The ejector moves side to side and the sear cocks a bit when pulling the trigger.

I had the same problem Sent my old model LC9 in for repairs. I had all of the above problems plus needed a new firing pin and the slide had some repair work. No charge. Have owned a bunch of Ruger pistols over the year and this is the first problem I have experienced. Pistol works great! It is even more accurate than before the repairs.