Will the cycle ever end?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rainman74

Bearcat
Bought a new gun and now the spending starts. Picked up a new LC9s for $360.

Shopping list:
Holsters
Laser
Ammo
Reloading dies
Bullets
Powder

Will the cycle ever end?

Love the new trigger on these. The LCP may need to find a new home.

At this time the holster is the toughest decision to make. I really like the IWB kydex style. I want something without the bells and whistles that won't add bulk and will not break the bank.

groberts

Single-Sixer
I'm going to say it again - look at the Laserlyte laser. It's the least expensive one out there by far. If the LC9s has the same receiver to frame mounting as the LC9 it will fit right on.

Al James

Hunter
No it will never end. We are the poor, helpless, victims of excellent marketing....and even while I know that to be true.... I still love getting new stuff. There are about 5 guns that I would buy right now, IF I had the resources that is. Maybe if I sold all the stuff that I HAD to have and never use......

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Look at Krestrel Holsters, the IWB is formed to accomodate the pistol with the thumb safety ON.
This is appropriate for the striker model, but not the hammer model. This is so well made and designed for comfortable wear.
http://kestrelholsters.com/product/iwbwiththumbbeltclip/

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Al James said:
No it will never end. We are the poor, helpless, victims of excellent marketing....and even while I know that to be true.... I still love getting new stuff. There are about 5 guns that I would buy right now, IF I had the resources that is. Maybe if I sold all the stuff that I HAD to have and never use......
This is wonderful, I too am an innocent victim. Not making much headway with the Mrs. on this tact, but I like the cut of your jib Sir! :)

mrasgt

Bearcat
The cycle will never end, trust me.

Just got Williams Fire Sights for my LC9S. Love them. Take a look at shopruger.com, very reasonable price for what I feel, turned out to be a great improvement.

Holster? I have a leather OWB DeSantis 019 V5 that fits the gun perfectly.
I've also got a couple IWB simple, soft sleeve type things with a clip and find them comfortable.

Then, of course, there's ammo. I have used thousands of reman 115 gr. from Freedom Munitions. Great prices and not ONE problem through a full summer of IDPA with my Glock 34.

Can I say Glock on this forum? :}

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
rainman74 said:
At this time the holster is the toughest decision to make. I really like the IWB kydex style. I want something without the bells and whistles that won't add bulk and will not break the bank.

Several other choices include the Blade Tech Revolution(don't buy the more expensive model, it is not as good). If you order from Midway, you can return it without hassle...also great price. Generally Blade-Tech has gone down in quality, but this little item sees like a nice fit. The Kestrel Holster is higher quality and he ships for $30 + $3 for a total of $33. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/436137/blade-tech-revolution-klipt-appendix-inside-the-waistband-holster-right-hand-ruger-lc9-polymer-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Another excellent plus option is Ozark Holsters. They are a Horsehide/Kydex IWB Hybrid which is great for high level of concealment AND comfort. Justin's workmanship is impeccable and his materials are the best to best to be found anywhere. Hard to believe this quality is so inexpensive.
The "Solo" is perfect for the lightweight LC9s: http://www.ozarksholstercompany.com/shop/solo-single-clip-holster/

Finally, there is an excellent all leather product that comes in a great price. The RKBA Holster IWB Tuckable is an excellent rig. Workmanship and materials are also top notch in the several holsters I have ordered from him. Price and delivery time is good too. http://www.rkbaholsters.com/IWB.html

Note that the four choices provided all have quick turn around, minimal design and very good price for professional grade product.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
mysquishy said:
check out the desantis pro 100 iwb holster, i thinks its quite comfy
Even going to the Desantis web site there is no "Pro 100" IWB holster listed. Are you talking about the nylon model with spare mag pouch??

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
cycle? I am an addict! and I do not wish to move into recovery. this addiction is just fine with me. first I buy that which tickles my fancy, then add whatever is "needed" to feed my addiction further. and when that is to my satisfaction, how about another!?!? multiple safes full of fun, and never enough time to shoot! the good news is this addiction has never given me a hangover, and no one has ever been hurt by it. when I die my grandchildren will all have multiple inheritances, unless I can figure a way to get them past Saint Peter.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Whitehat Holsters out of Arlington, TX. Their "economy" line cuts corners only in the attachment of Kydex to the backing (rivets instead of screws). I use one of their economy horsehide backed models for my LC9s - very comfortable even with no shirt under the holster. I think it was about $55 if I recall correctly. They aren't real fast, though. They build to order and mine took maybe two weeks or a bit longer.

Latest posts