Really like the LCP!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
Had great luck with them. They are a positive with the lady's I associate with. They all like the green laser and comments are that in a stressful moment they will work better.

5of7

Hunter
I think the laser sight is useful as a training tool for the purpose of mastering trigger control.....it shows what is happening to the muzzle during trigger let-off.

As to being useful in a SD situation, I would tend to doubt it's utility; gun fights being rather a tunnel vision experience. 8)

Nano65

Bearcat
Yes, additional magazines are on my list. I really think I would like a genuine Ruger 7 round mag. I'm also aware of the spring kit for the 6 round mag to convert it to a 7 round mag.

I have a LaserMax on my Nano and I can see it at 25 yards in the day time. It is a very accurate gun with the laser. However, I don't really think it is necessary for close quarters protection on the LCP.

What is the best rubber grip for the LCP?

George

Blackhawk
I would get the Kit as it makes the base still flush with the frame of the gun with 7 in the mag, You can still add the extra round base plate to get 8 into the mag but you will have the mag hang out just a bit but would give you 8 in the mag . and one in the chamber making for 9 rounds in all.. I want a LCP to be as compact as it can be for me the kit with 7 in the mag and one in the chambe making for 8 total is ideal as it still keeps it nice and small.. If I need for fire power in a still smallish gun I take the LC9 with me.. I'm not a laser fan on a small pocket belly gun. But that's just me.Enjoy your LCP it's a nice little gun that should serve you well for CC use. George

Artie

Bearcat
One more fan of the LCP here as well.

Bought one with the Lasermax for the bride to carry.

I see where the Crimson Trace gets more attention, but with the grip area already being small it seemed the button for the laser would annoy... and I like being able to shoot the gun without the laser being on just for fun at the range.

I put the Hogue grip on it and stayed with the 6 round mags with the finger thing and my wife likes it.

Shoots well, no problems. Laser works like a champ. I like where the Lasermax can be a solid beam or a pulse beam.

Got two terrific pocket holsters for it from two very good very customer oriented holster makers. One is leather from RKBA Holsters. I have his holsters for all my pocket guns and the other is a softsided beauty, that I also have one for all my pocket guns, from Concealment Specialties. Exact fit and comfortable pocket carry on both makes. Google those names if you need a good holster. Both have excellent trigger coverage.

So, all in all I am very happy with the LCP and the Lasermax. Seems the Lasermax gets beat up on a lot of forums, but I have been using their lasers for years on different guns and have had no problems. The whole thing with the LCP and the switch for turning the laser on to me is not an issue. Your finger is already over the switch on a proper draw, so to turn it on or off from either side is simple.

But... that's just my opinion and you know how that goes.

Armybrat

Buckeye
The LCP is a very good choice. I've been totin' mine for 6 years. Bought it in the midst of the recall, and it has the little diamond stamp in the hammer channel - indicating that the factory had modified the trigger.

b5625a4461d5f184bbf04681e5c73055a590b1c.jpg

jimmywithaj

Bearcat
Hi all, brand new to the LCP and the forum. Bought myself an LCP a few months ago as a convenient carry piece and just bought another to give my wife for Christmas.... a question for those of you who carry these; Do you carry with a round chambered? The fact that there is no safety makes me kind of nervous....but so does the idea of needing a quick defense and having to chamber a round. Thanks in advance for your input.....and Merry Christmas!

Artie

Bearcat
I carry the LCP and all my carry guns with one chambered.

With the LCP, as well as any "pocket" gun always carry in a holster made for that gun and be sure it has complete trigger coverage. The age old advice holds true to never have your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire, and speaking of pulling the trigger, the heavy trigger pull of the stock LCP is a safety feature.

The LCP is safe to carry with one in the pipe IMO if the above is followed.

Enjoy the LCP's and look at putting the Hogue grip on them. It makes a big difference.

George

Blackhawk
I carry mine " my wife's LCP" with one in the chamber.As I do all my S/D guns and have done so for 30 years. If Ruger did the trigger they should have installed a titanium firing pin and a stiffer firing pin inertia spring just like the new one have to maake the gun safe if droped. The gun is also only half cocked.. All this is for if you would drop the gun barrel d down it won't go off.. IMO having the gun is a good thing and even having to chamber a round if needed still gives you a gun in hand again a good thing.. Chances are if you and your wife are not practiced at drawing the gun in a thence moment your going to lose any way.. It will be more like gaining control of the situation at hand when you get the chance IMO.. Get some self defence training and get some good gun training. This will go a long way to help you both. Having a gun and not being profinshint at it can get you in more troble then not.. If you don't go with training your going to need time to regain you thoughts and think out the best way to handle the situation your in at the moment and remember think what is behind my target at all times.. Be carful! George

jimmywithaj

Bearcat
Thanks to you both, Artie and George, for the great input. I am fairly proficient with handguns, but have never, until recently, considered daily carry. My wife has not had much experience.... We are enrolled in a day long safety/training class in January and I plan to follow up with considerable range time!

Cherokee Slim

Bearcat
I gave both of my daughters LCPs when they got their HCPs. One mistake was getting the raspberry one for my oldest who said that she didn't want a "girly" gun. She has carried the plain black one that I had to trade for for three years now.
Cherokee Slim

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Slim: Sorry don't follow your sentence. Did you trade the raspberry LCP for a black LCP and then give that black LCP to your daughter three years ago? Interesting how preferences work out to surprise us.

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Cherokee Slim said:
One mistake was getting the raspberry one for my oldest who said that she didn't want a "girly" gun. She has carried the plain black one that I had to trade for for three years now.
Cherokee Slim

Good for her! Seriously, I know that the fancy colored plastic guns are all the rage at the moment but I'm still of the opinion that a "girly gun" in the hand of a woman is too close to an invitation for an assailant to assume that said woman thinks of her gun as a fashion statement. Most criminals tend to believe that a woman is less likely than a man to actually shoot...anything that might reinforce that trend is a negative, IMHO.

John

Cherokee Slim

Bearcat
She didn't even want to shoot the raspberry one. I thought that I was being thoughtful, considerate, etc. But noooo, Don't want no girly guns. So I just traded it right away for a black one. She was happy. For the second daughter I just got black and didn't worry about it.
Cherokee Slim