LCP in watch pocket?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I got an LCP today and stuck it in my pocket, which was OK, but then I found that it fits perfectly in the watch pocket of a pair of jeans.

Readily available and out of sight. I love it. 8)

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Just as important as it fitting in the pocket, is how quickly it can be taken out when you're in a big hurry. My M&P compact fits in some of my jeans pockets. But getting it out quickly makes it a non-option for pocket carry.

I can't imagine it fitting into any watch pocket on the jeans I wear.

I know the LCP is small; I have one and often pocket carry it in the hot weather. But its not so small as to fit into a watch pocket, at least not in any pair of pants that I have ever owned. I could probably slide an old silver dollar into that little pocket, but not something much larger. I pocket carry mine and usually use a simple Uncle Mike's pocket holster or my Remora holster. Truthfully, however, now that I own an LC9s I find the LCP does not come out of the safe much. The LC9s is a bit larger, but not much, and carries the larger caliber 9mm, plus greater capacity of rounds in the gun. Plus it has real sights and I can shoot it better than I can my LCP, even with a Crimson Trace laser.

Tremors

Bearcat
I like the size of the LCP because it works well in many other places as in the little pocket. It also works well in my (cut) leather vest when I am out for a motorcycle ride. I'll also use my wallet holster to carry it in my back pocket.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I finally get it. You're using the watch pocket as a holster with a cover garment. I tried it on my Levis and it fits right up to the grip. It's a clever idea. But I do worry a bit about retention.