LCP question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
My LCP purchased about a year ago came with 2 magazines with finger grip extension installed on the magazines and two flat floor plates loose in the box. I've never used them since my fingers are to big.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Thanks loaded round. I've been kicking the idea of buying one of these for awhile. And some photos show it & some don't. I like the olive green one.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Mine had 2 mags with 2 flats and 2 extensions. I prefer the flats myself. On the LC9 I prefer the extension. My hand just fits it better.

loaded round

Hunter
Sweet William: A bit of unrequested advice but should be appreciated, since I did when it was suggested to me. I f you buy the LCP or a similar Ruger small poly framed pistol, consider mounting a laser sight on it. Mine wears the Crimson Trace LG431 Laser Sight that is grip operated and takes very little additional space in the pocket or holster. Check the specs online and improve your aiming and accuracy with this little pistol 100%. JMHO.

groberts

Single-Sixer
While I agree with the laser for the LC9/380 (mine has the Laserlyte side mounted one) I think the LCP is a point a shoot gun.

COLT_45

Single-Sixer
IMHO-The LCP is a point and shoot, SD, close quarters, concealed carry, pocket type pistol and there will be no laser on mine. A waste of money on this type of gun. I believe if you needed to really pull it for SD, ya probably won't have time to be looking for a little red dot... Lasers have their place for sure, but the laser hype on this pea shooter defeats its intended purpose...

loaded round

Hunter
Pal, that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream. To each his own! :)

COLT_45 said:
IMHO-The LCP is a point and shoot, SD, close quarters, concealed carry, pocket type pistol and there will be no laser on mine. A waste of money on this type of gun. I believe if you needed to really pull it for SD, ya probably won't have time to be looking for a little red dot... Lasers have their place for sure, but the laser hype on this pea shooter defeats its intended purpose...

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
COLT_45 said:

This post gets to a good point and one that has been spoken to many times on this forum and many others.
It's always a matter of owner preference but adding doodads and other items to a very small gun just makes that gun bigger and less likely concealable to the extent of it's original configuration.
The LCP is truly a pocket gun, what a nice thing to have, something with next to no forethought at all can be dropped in a pocket and carried with ease. Adding anything that adds to it size just takes away from those wonderful attributes.
I realize some of these additions make that gun easier to put something on target at the range but taking that gun to the same size and weight as a small 9mm like a Kahr PM-9 with the additions available kind of wrecks the concept.
My Kahr needs a small holster or some other carry point to make it concealable. Sticking it in a Levis jean pants pocket makes it look like I'm carrying about 7 rolls of quarters and is just as comfortable.
I will be in the market at some point this year for a truly pocketable pistol for light carry because in some cases I find the Kahr limiting some choices in what I wear or how I carry it. Don't get me wrong that Kahr is a great small 9mm, smaller than almost all other micro nines and I can carry it comfortably most times but I like to be in charge and not a slave to something that causes me to compromise on occasion.

Elkein

Bearcat
Mine came with the extension, which is nice for range practice. All extra magazines are supposed to come with one too. Carrying concealed the extended magazine has proven uncomfortable so it's off.

Yes added stuff makes the LCP more cumbersome. It's still small and light all trimmed out.
As seen here fully loaded 6+1, with lasermax, in my CCW holster.
lcp.jpg

Bottom line if you started bigger and heavier it's end result would be that much more.