decocking levers are loose on my P95 .

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I just took apart my slide and cleaned it thoroughly. I put it back correctly and it all works. But my decocking levers seem to "drop down" a bit more than normal when the hammer is down and slide forward. But when the hammer is cocked back , the decocking levers are normal and dont "drop" down like they have a weak spring. Any help is appreciated .

roylt

Hunter
Safe or DC unit?

DC unit has a spring that holds the levers. Safe unit has a detent assembly on the left side.

Shouldn't really hurt anything.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
It is the P95DC . Has anyone here had this happen ? They were a little "droopy" before I took it apart but not this "droopy"

roylt

Hunter
So you took the spring out of the slide right? Maybe during the removal process you bent it a little. You could remove and bend it a bit to make it more rigid.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I may take it back apart and try to bend the spring but I am not sure what way to bend it . Plus that dog-gone extractor is a pain in the butt to put back in . I am always scared that I am going to break it when putting it back into the slot and the notch.
I do appreciate your help in this . This whole forum has been very helpful !!!

tercel89

Single-Sixer
UPDATE : I got it back to normal !!! It seems that the leaf-spring (that makes the decocking levers spring upwards) wasn't engaged or pushed into the little slot on the decocking lever.
So I hope this helps others that may run across this . I gotta tell ya though , the darn extractor is a real pain to get back into it's spot. I wrapped a flat head screwdriver in tape and used it to push the extractor back in but I have to push so hard that I was scared that I may break it. But it all worked out well .
But like I said ,,,,I hope this helps others that may run across this problem .

roylt

Hunter
The secret on extractor install (for me at least) is a wood dowel down thru the barrel hole in the slide and simply push until it seats itself.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
The secret on extractor install (for me at least) is a wood dowel down thru the barrel hole in the slide and simply push until it seats itself.

Thats an awesome idea ! Thanks !