P89 Mag 10 or 15?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Osage

Bearcat
When I bought my P89T it came with 2-10round magazines. A guy that I know has a P95 with 2 new looking 15round magazines and would like to trade me for my 10round magazines. My question is why would he want to do that? It would make his P95 slightly lighter weight. So which do you guys prefer and why?

roylt

Hunter
I like high cap just because I have the option of more rounds. I typically only load 10 at a time though to save a little ammo during a range run.

If not a legal requirement than I don't know why he would want to trade. Lighter weight can be achieved by simply not loading the mag full also.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Are they all Ruger mags, or are his after market?
Maybe he is planning to move to a commie state?

Osage

Bearcat
roylt:
Actually that was my thoughts also, why not just load 10 cartridges but keep the high capacity capability. If required, it shouldn't be that difficult to install a temporary block in the magazine.

rugerguy211:
The magazines came new in the box with his very new looking P95. However, I suppose there could be something somewhere that mandates a 10 round limit.

Thanks for the sanity check fellas, my pristine P89T though somewhat unique is not a priceless collector item, essential to keep all original. Besides I too happen to like the 15 round capability.

Osage

Osage

Bearcat
Actually back when he first brought up the proposed trade I mentioned that GunBroker usually had bunches of them.

Ironically, I just checked their auctions and there are currently 80+ 10rd magazines for sale.

Maybe he just doesn't want the auction hassle, however mine is not to question other peoples motives, I do well just to handle my own.

Osage

Osage

Bearcat
Well you guys were right, as it turns out the guy is retiring and moving to Hawaii, which has a 10rd magazine restriction.

Needless to say the trade is done.

Osage

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Some people want to have a couple 10 rounders on hand for trips to the People's Republic of Commiefornia. Personally, I would just carry sig 220 or a glock 26, but a lot of people only have one handgun.

Latest posts