P-nut challenge. Looking to find oldest / earliest serial.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I have 300-03357 which is a super old P85. So excited!

I would also like to start a decusion on all the different models / revisions over the years. I have crappy internet at home but plan to add pictures from work tomorrow. As I get time of course.

This old 85 is very interesting. The barrel is two pieces, the slide stop is very long, the grips are very crisp and the logo is more pronounced but slightly smaller than the later models. Also the frame is more rounded or finished if you will.

At first I planned to part it to use parts on another project but now I feel it would be a shame to take this apart. very very rare unit in my opinion.

Sorry for the tease, I will get pictures posted soon.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

Al James

Hunter
Roy,

Did you buy it off Auction Arms on Halloween? If so that makes me feel better about missing it! I was watching it and its converted brother, and I was going to buy it, but I ended up down at the dealership buying a new car and in all the excitement I totally spaced it. I got home and saw I missed BOTH of the early P85's and they went for what I consider to be a steal. Please tell me it was you?!

roylt

Hunter
It is very interesting the small differences between the generations. Even between the same model, 85 specifically.

roylt

Hunter
I also just order two more of the old style slide stops from Numrich! The position of the stop in relationship to my hand is so much nicer than the "current" models.

I plan on putting it on my 89 for sure!!

tercel89

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
I also just order two more of the old style slide stops from Numrich! The position of the stop in relationship to my hand is so much nicer than the "current" models.

I plan on putting it on my 89 for sure!!

I hate to get off topic , but what is "Numrich" ? Is it a person on here or a Ruger Parts place ?I need a few spare parts and cant find anyone that sells them except an occasional one that pops up on Ebay.

roylt

Hunter
Numrich is below;

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/FeaturedProducts.htm