New LCP Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckeyedave

Bearcat
Hi

I picked up a new LCP today. Nothing really to report, I plan on hitting the range within a week. Are there any ammo brands to avoid? I plan on cleaning it prior to shooting it.

Dave

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
It is a very nice front pocket carry gun. The case that comes with it to shut off and on the laser (If you got that) is not standing up too well to pocket carry with junk in your pocket rubbing against the corners.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Mine didnt like Russian steel cased stuff at first. Now it works fine though. I dont remember if that happened before or after I changed to heavier Wolff springs.

My buddies doesnt like the first round to be a hollow point. First one has to be ball ammo or it wont load. Works fine though if all rounds after that are HPs. Its weird.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Gizmo42 said:
My buddies doesnt like the first round to be a hollow point. First one has to be ball ammo or it wont load. Works fine though if all rounds after that are HPs. Its weird.

First round is already in the chamber when the gun is fired....????

Jim Luke said:
Gizmo42 said:

Yep, HP in the spout and another HP first up in the magazine, followed by fmj in mine. Mine really likes (accurate) Tula fmj ammo. My second magazine is full of fmj Tula. Good luck in your quest. Each gun has its own likes/dislikes. Baby the critter and she will be good to you also. I have used mine to euthanize a hawg I hit with my car in Tx. The gun I always have with me.
gramps

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Dave,

Me too. I'm heading to pick up my new LCP here in about an hour! :mrgreen: I went with the stainless version. Best of luck to you!

JHC

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Jim Luke said:
Gizmo42 said:

With or without one in the chamber the first one in the mag has to be FMJ or it will jam. Its really bizarre.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
My LCP is an earlier model, it has always been happy with everything i have tried. Hydra-shok, Critical Defense, MagTech FMJ and HP, Win value pack and even cast bullets. Don't carry it much any more, have found that the LC9 will work almost everywhere as well as LCP will in warm weather, but it is nice when nothing else will work.

Tremors

Bearcat
I use anything that is inexpensive in my LCP. I have never had anything fail to shoot. I really likes the Hornady Critical Defense.

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Hi, congratulations on the new LCP. I am sure you will enjoy it.

I just got an SR22 and Ruger is giving away a free box of ammo and a free magazine to those who purchased an LCP or SR22 before Nov. 30. Just thought I would let you know, in case you might be unaware. It's a heck of a deal.

Here is the link to sign up for the free ammo and mag. http://ruger.com/micros/freeAmmo/pr...reat time with that new pistol! Viking Queen