MK II, Gov't Target Model. $495.00 Reasonable price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

c good

Bearcat
Please be aware that I'm stuck in California..(Until I retire in 10 years..then I' outta here!) Local shop has a 100% NIB MK II Gov't Target Model MK-678G. It has been fired, but very little. It has the original box with matching serial numbers and all of the accompanying paperwork that first came with it. It has the original grips an extra set of Pach/Goodyears. Shop is asking $495.00. Is this in the ballpark or should I pass on it? P.S. I've been thinking of buying a MK II for years. Thanks for any input. c good

Al James

Hunter
You may have more responses if you post this over in the Rimfire section. That being said, I feel that $495 is a good price. By the time you add tax and DROS you will be closer to $575 so I may try and negotiate a bit just to cover the crazy CA portion. Good luck and pics if you get it. By the way the GVT models are the best shooters in the MKII series IMO. If I remember right they could not leave the factory without shooting 1.5" or less at 25 yards. Pretty sweet!

Al James

Hunter
What really sucks about CA is that a dealer cant sell a used pistol that is not on the drop list. The only way that you can buy an older pistol is private party transfer or a pistol that's on consignment. CA really screwed over gun buyers when they passed all of the laws. Year after year they just keep passing more garbage. Its sad really. Good place to be from.

rrent

Bearcat
My government target model is the most accurate rim fire I've ever owned/fired.
Mine is a keeper / I've seen them in and above the price you noted.