My Ruger SR9C w/ 32 round mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BarberNick

Bearcat
I bought this Ruger sr9c and was really impressed with it, shot well and had a great trigger. I was a little bummed out with how little you can do with them. This is what I have done so far.

Ghost 3.5 trigger
Galloway precision 14lb guide rod
Galloway precision aluminum striker
Fire sights nite sights
Custom 32 mag

Do you guys have any tips, suggestions, or websites for good SR series parts?

Here's some pictures of my SR9C

Thank you!

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Why would you change the trigger on an already great out of the box trigger on the SR9c?

BarberNick

Bearcat
@rammerjammer *ghost trigger reset bar sorry not the trigger. @pops 1 yes it's one of a kind, it was a m&p pro mag

websterz

Single-Sixer
I did the 3.5# Ghost and Galloway guide rod on my full size SR9, both mods are well worth every penny!! I haven't gotten to the range with my modded M&P 32 round happy stick yet but I might get time to go out tomorrow. :)

BarberNick

Bearcat
websterz said:
I did the 3.5# Ghost and Galloway guide rod on my full size SR9, both mods are well worth every penny!! I haven't gotten to the range with my modded M&P 32 round happy stick yet but I might get time to go out tomorrow. :)

Mine works great! The only problem is the last round, it doesn't jam it just acts as if the mag is empty, I can't figure it out. Let me know how yours works!

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Ghost 3.5 transfer bar and some polishing of the trigger parts really do make a noticeable difference.

websterz

Single-Sixer
Well I tried my mag conversion today and something's not quite right. It strips and chambers the rounds just fine but the striker won't fall with the mag inserted. When I pull the trigger the striker retracts fully to the rear and the striker indicator protrudes like it should but something's rubbing and keeping it from firing. I'm going to put a little Prussian blue in the possible trouble areas and see what's rubbing.

BarberNick

Bearcat
websterz said:
Well I tried my mag conversion today and something's not quite right. It strips and chambers the rounds just fine but the striker won't fall with the mag inserted. When I pull the trigger the striker retracts fully to the rear and the striker indicator protrudes like it should but something's rubbing and keeping it from firing. I'm going to put a little Prussian blue in the possible trouble areas and see what's rubbing.

Feild strip the gun and put in the mag, if you haven't filed down the top of the mag you will see what's hitting it. Two things you have to make room on the top left of the mag, and you have to take a big chunk off the top right of the mag, so the sliver trigger bar doesn't rub against it

Taterman

Buckeye
BarberNick said:
Feild strip the gun and put in the mag, if you haven't filed down the top of the mag you will see what's hitting it. Two things you have to make room on the top left of the mag, and you have to take a big chunk off the top right of the mag, so the sliver trigger bar doesn't rub against it

God info Nick and nice shooter.
Did you put the ghost trigger reset bar in yourself or use a gunsmith? Haven't looked into installing one yet here.

BarberNick

Bearcat
Taterman said:
BarberNick said:

God info Nick and nice shooter.
Did you put the ghost trigger reset bar in yourself or use a gunsmith? Haven't looked into installing one yet here.

I did it all myself YouTube helps like crazy, I'm new to the scene and he explained it very well I felt comfortable doing it. The mag was my own fabrication tho haha.