LC9S safety

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
The safety on my LC9s was seemed like it was too easy to flip on and off when I got it and it worried me it was so loose I carry it in a sticky holster yesterday when I unholstered the safety was off I took the round out of the chamber and carried it the rest of the day with a empty chamber last night the safety was off again any one else have this problem.
I guess I'll go back to my sr9c until I figure out whats going on I'll try to call ruger today.

deet

Bearcat
My safety has a very audible click sound when I move it, maybe yours is not quite right. I'd get it checked out asap.

loaded round

Hunter
My LC9s has a safety that is easy to move off safe but I've had absolutely no trouble having it slip off to the fire position. Perhaps a call to Ruger is in order.

5of7

Hunter
I just checked the safety on my LC9s and found it to be just like Mamma Bear's bed.....not too hard, not too soft, but juuuust right.

I think I would send the gun in question to Ruger for adjustment. 8)

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
If you are so inclined to do likewise, i slightly bent out the leg on the spring for the safety on mine. It felt a bit too light also, but that little adjustment worked!

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
dogtag69 said:
The safety on my LC9s was seemed like it was too easy to flip on and off when I got it and it worried me it was so loose I carry it in a sticky holster yesterday when I unholstered the safety was off I took the round out of the chamber and carried it the rest of the day with a empty chamber last night the safety was off again any one else have this problem.
I guess I'll go back to my sr9c until I figure out whats going on I'll try to call ruger today.
You may find this of interest. Krestrel Holsters makes their LC9/LC9s holsters so the kydex forms very tightly around the thumb safety in the "ON" position. That's right, hard kydex holds the safety in the "ON" position until you draw the pistol. It is damn annoying for those of us who have an old LC9 and want to carry with safety off, but for those with the striker version the holster is quite correct. You should still send the pistol back to Ruger so the safety is positive click and hold in both on or off position. Ordering is really fast from Krestrel, with delivery less than two weeks. Quality is excellent, and the design is very comfortable to wear. You won't believe his price and shipping costs. No stated warranty, just a very nice product from a real person. http://kestrelholsters.com/product/iwbwiththumbbeltclip/

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
On my LC9S I also found that the only thing I did not like about the gun was that the safety is just a little too easy to put on and off. It does click but mine also would come off in the pocket. I called Ruger and told them to let the engineering staff know that they need more of a detent on the safety. I bought a leather holster the covers the safety in the pocket and have not had anymore problem with it.
Here is the one I use, I used 4 sandwich bags with the gun in it to loosen the holster up for a couple of days and it's good to go.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251203603806?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

MrEarle

Bearcat
During range practice today the safety kept flopping "on" my newish LC9s and made for a frustrating day unable to fire every third round or so. This would not be good in a critical situation. I guess back to Ruger for repair...

loaded round

Hunter
Call Ruger Customer Service to get a RMA and a free shipping label to return your firearm for repair. You will have it back,repaired, in about two weeks.