Thirty rounder for my SR9.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

websterz

Single-Sixer

This is a 32 round mag for a S&W M&P. It requires only the mag retention notch be cut in order to lock into the Ruger. The other dimensions, including the presentation angle of the follower are compatible from the factory. It is advertised as a 32 round but will not lock in with more than 30 in it. I have not had it to the range yet but I cycled 30 rounds through the gun with no hang ups. Going to be a fun range toy!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I understand the value of those very high capacity mags for something like the Glock 18 (full auto) but what use are they for a standard semi-auto pistol? Seems like a fast way to burn up ammo money while making the gun excessively heavy and awkward to shoot.

websterz

Single-Sixer
It's just a range toy for me. A way to take down all of the targets without having to reload. And since I can reload 9mm for about 9 cents a round I'm not worried about the cost.

Al James

Hunter
websterz said:
It's just a range toy for me. A way to take down all of the targets without having to reload. And since I can reload 9mm for about 9 cents a round I'm not worried about the cost.

Looks great! I had noticed that the M&P mags look exactly like the SR9 mags except the latch. Wonder why Mecgar does not offer an extended SR9 mag? Looks like fun....$2.88 at a time. :wink:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Al James said:
websterz said:

Looks great! I had noticed that the M&P mags look exactly like the SR9 mags except the latch. Wonder why Mecgar does not offer an extended SR9 mag? Looks like fun....$2.88 at a time. :wink:
Yeah, I knew they were more toys than practical items. However, I enjoyed asking anyway.

BTW, you might also ask why Mec-Gar doesn't sell even standard capacity mags for the SR-series. They sell them for the P-series and Mk II.22 autos, so why not the SR's? Same question about no Mec-Gar mags for the S&W M&P pistols when Mec-Gar does sell mags for the older 5900-series.

I believe the answer is Mec-Gar does make them for both lines of pistols but Ruger and S&W have an exclusive on the sales and Mec-Gar has agreed not to compete by selling directly under their own name. My SR9 mags all say "Made in Italy" on them and I'm certain they are from Mec-Gar.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
websterz said:

This is a 32 round mag for a S&W M&P. It requires only the mag retention notch be cut in order to lock into the Ruger. The other dimensions, including the presentation angle of the follower are compatible from the factory. It is advertised as a 32 round but will not lock in with more than 30 in it. I have not had it to the range yet but I cycled 30 rounds through the gun with no hang ups. Going to be a fun range toy!

Just think ... tape two of those together and you'd have a 61 round capability! :D

websterz

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
Trucker said:
Just think ... tape two of those together and you'd have a 61 round capability! :D
Right, and they will be long enough to act as their own monopod for steadier shooting. :)
It already is. LOL