MSRP for a P89 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
Hey fellows/gals , I am looking for a P89. What was the retail or MSRP price of the Ruger P89 ? The latest one ? I got a guy wanting to sell me one for $400 . Man , I may be behind the times but I dont even think gun shops sold them over $400 new .
Any help is appreciated .

dlh38or45

Single-Sixer
I just bought a used P89 made in 2001. It is all blue and in very good shape. I paid $225--I know that was a deal, but $400 is way too much.

DLH

$400 might be a bit high for a used one... depending.... on a number of items... what state you live in... also, I would consider it if it was stainless and a decock only and I had the money and the guy was a friend or someone who seemed like they needed the money.

roylt

Hunter
Like Blume said, sometimes it is the big picture that sets the price. With that said, I think 400 is high to buy at but you asked for RETAIL price. I think the RUGER Retail price was a lot more than 400. Nothing, well almost nothing ever sells at retail price though.

If it is nice 350 could be in order. Does he have any ammo or holster to toss in? 400 could happen in that case.

Good luck,

Osage

Bearcat
Agreed MSRP is just that, and a used price varies greatly by area and condition. Although I always hesitate to discuss what I paid for something, however if it helps my new-to-me, LNIB P89T, was a paperless $275 purchase.

For what its worth, no pun intended I just checked GunBroker there are several active auctions ranging from $115 to mid $300's. About that not so much, with a couple over $400 but no bids.

Osage

Al James

Hunter
Osage said:
Agreed MSRP is just that, and a used price varies greatly by area and condition. Although I always hesitate to discuss what I paid for something, however if it helps my new-to-me, LNIB P89T, was a paperless $275 purchase.

For what its worth, no pun intended I just checked GunBroker there are several active auctions ranging from $115 to mid $300's. About that not so much, with a couple over $400 but no bids.

Osage

Just to add to this....if you have a Gunbroker account you can search completed listings to see what any particular gun has sold for in the last 90 days. Just go to advanced search, type in what you are looking for and once the results arrive click on the bids icon twice, which will push all of the auctions with the most bids to the top of the search results pile. Hope this helps more than confuses :wink:

welder

Buckeye
I just picked up a stainless one in probably 98-99% condition with a Hogue grip installed for 309 out the door. It was missing the box but that doesn't bother me.

There was a second just like it in 90-95% condition but included the box, papers etc. for 319 out the door. Neither gun lasted over three days on the shelf.

A friend of mine bought an unfired blue one with everything from the factory for 300 two years ago from an individual.