Open top leather holsters for P-series Rugers ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
What are some good OWB open top holsters made in leather for the P-series Rugers? Like the P89 and P95 ? I haven't carried one in over 18 yrs and just got a P95 last week. Not wanting to spend over $50 for a holster if I can help it. But I do like open top , OWB and leather .

427mach1

Blackhawk
Don Hume 721OT if they are still available. Might be a tad more than $50 but they are worth it.

tercel89

Single-Sixer
427mach1 said:
Don Hume 721OT if they are still available. Might be a tad more than $50 but they are worth it.

I can't believe you said the Don Hume 721OT !!! I love that model. I have one for my Glock 21 and Glock 17 . I had that one in mind for sure , but just wanted to see what else is out there.
Great to know that someone else like them besides me. The H721OT will go right up against a Galco "concealable" or any belt-slide style holster any day in my book.

roylt

Hunter
I like the Don Hume Jit holsters. My favorite is an old Dillon I lucked into for my 89. Dillon is out of business for holsters sadly. I have a couple jits for my glock.

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Oiyojux.gif

Mike J

Hunter
Another vote for the Hume 721 OT if you can find one. I have one for my old P94 & my XD.

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
May I add the El Paso Saddlery Tortilla holster,albeit with a thumbsnap, is an outstanding value! My P-90 fits like a champ, and rides quite comfortably on my hip !!

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I just found out about Winthrop holsters. I may get one of theirs. Very similiar to Galco and Don Hume .
Has anyone here had one ?

tercel89

Single-Sixer
UPDATE: I just got a Winthrop leather holster. $44 and free shipping. It is just like the Don Hume and is very nice. All American made. I am very happy. Man their customer service rocks ! They have an online chat type thing for customer service to answer technical problems and general questions. The lady named Louann answered all my questions online on their website within seconds!!! I will definiely be a repeat customer .

rawhide64

Bearcat
I carry my P95 in a Desantis Speed Scabbard. Less than $50 on Amazon. I can carry it strong side or cross draw when my shoulder gives me problems. It's a 3 slot holster with adjustable retention.