Night sights for the LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jb1911

Bearcat
I just received my Trijicon sights from shopruger.com. If you are not handy with tools, you need to send these out to get them installed. I had to do a lot of filing and sanding and trial fits. They don't slip right in like the originals slip right out. That's a good thing since I'm not worried about them moving at all. Took me about 2 hours but it turned out great. Going to go to the range this week, will check back after I've killed some targets.

15139343297_77fd9db37e_o.jpg

loaded round

Hunter
Those night sights look great and evidently you did a excellent job of installing them. I too own a LC9s and considered doing the same thing. However, I thought things over and ended up installing a Crimson trace LG-412 laser sight and now have, in my opinion, the best of two worlds. It's just possible that a laser sight pointed at someone's chest may prevent the need to fire a shot in an altercation. My comments about your setup was meant as a compliment and not a put down, since that's why we have both vanilla and chocolate in our society.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Looks great! Is the front sight hard to put on? I think it's pinned in place...is that correct? I'd like to order a pair for mine.

jb1911

Bearcat
buckshotshorty said:
Looks great! Is the front sight hard to put on? I think it's pinned in place...is that correct? I'd like to order a pair for mine.
Neither sight slipped right in, it took me about 2 hours of filing, sanding and stoning. The front sight is pinned with a 1/16th roll pin; there's a through hole in the slide.

camper

Bearcat
Had my local dealer put them on mine this past Friday. Took him about 20 minutes.

smithnsig

Bearcat
Nice. I have been toying with the idea of replacing the williams firesites with either these or TFO's

ulflyer

Bearcat
As I asked of Sarge above, did the impact point change any with the new sights?
Mine shoots low and am looking for something to get a higher impact point.

Tremors

Bearcat
I put night sights on two LC9's, the wife's and mine. I used the discount you get when you register the pistol so the cost was about 120.00 with delivery.

jb1911

Bearcat
ulflyer said:
As I asked of Sarge above, did the impact point change any with the new sights?
Mine shoots low and am looking for something to get a higher impact point.
Not on mine. It shoots to POA.