New rugers OR...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Considering adding some Ruger Semi-Autos to the battery. I love the new LC9s and SR 9E I played with at the range.

I'm currently in the proccess of purchasing a Sig P938 Equinox and another Sig P226. But if I change my order now, I would have most of the funds for the Rugers and get them paid off sooner.

If, in addition I sell my Ruger SP101 3 inch (my current main carry) I will have the new Rugers and some cash left over.

I'm so TORN here. Never knew I would see the day I would consider Ruger semi-autos over Sig. I've sold off Sigs in the past and always went back to them, swearing off anything but them lately.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Well, I am not a fan of the Ruger or the Sig...but I did fondle the LC9s yesterday and am quite taken with it. It will probably be my next purchase...but will be for my daughter as it will be her carry gun when she turns 21, next year. It will give us time for her to get competent with it before she can actually carry it.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
The LC9s is a good one to have, mine shoots very good, and is my EDC. But the SP 3" would be special too, as I like wheel guns too! When I went on the SD many moons ago I bought a S&W 36 three inch, off duty carry, that little bugger shoots as good as a four inch. Buy the LC9s and keep the SP. Buy the way I still have the 36.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
If, in addition I sell my Ruger SP101 3 inch (my current main carry) I will have the new Rugers and some cash left over.

I'm so TORN here. Never knew I would see the day I would consider Ruger semi-autos over Sig. I've sold off Sigs in the past and always went back to them, swearing off anything but them lately.

I think it's kinda funny I'm currently in the exact opposite situation. I'm considering selling a semi auto to get an sp101 or gp100. Mainly because I've never owned a revolver but want one only because I think they are neat. The grass is always greener on the other side.

If it helps, I've never heard anyone say they where absolutely glad years later they sold a working revolver. I have however heard many say they regret it and wish they had it back. Something to think about.

I recently sold my SP101 4 inch fiber optic sight model to fund a GP100 Match Champion. Still have the standard 3 inch SP101, but I MAY keep it. Still moving forward on the Sig P938 Equinox and Sig P226. But seriously considering a LC9s and 9E instead.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I recently sold my SP101 4 inch fiber optic sight model to fund a GP100 Match Champion. Still have the standard 3 inch SP101, but I MAY keep it. Still moving forward on the Sig P938 Equinox and Sig P226. But seriously considering a LC9s and 9E instead.

Ah that GP100 Match Champion is the one I really wanted. I've watched a lot of videos on it. It's just out of my price range. I love the idea of the extra tuning and attention at the factory, of course that means money. I think I'll be okay with the 4.25 inch GP100 for my needs, what the gun is going to be for me is a fun gun. I occasionally take new shooters out and I think loaded with light standard .38 specials it would be a good first time shooters gun. My sr40c is not really a good first gun to shoot I think.

modrifle3

Buckeye
In my opinion you are looking at two WAY different classes of firearms. If the financial part is not the concern ... The Sigs are the way to go and just better finished pistols with a good resale. The Rugers like most striker fires are just working guns. Shoot um bang um up drop um who cares. I dropped a p238 and it physically brought pain to me ... I didn't care if the lc9 got banged up. This is Chevy vs BMW.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
I buy Rugers because I appreciate a good value. my Rugers will outlast me and hopefully protect my grandchildren. I own more expensive pistols but they sit in the safe. my EDC is the SR40c. I own the SR9, 9c, SR40, 40c and SR45. also an LCP and still the original P85. the P85 has after all these years still never mal functioned once. how may semi autos will give that type of service? granted it does not go out to play so often now with the SR's getting most of the range time, but almost thirty years with zero issues? not bad.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I own Ruger's and SIG's.
For value and ease of shooting the Rugers are great.
But for long term value and flexibility it's SIG.
An example: I have a suppressor and I can get threaded barrels for my SIGs but not for any of my Rugers (at least not without major hassles).
I also can shoot four calibers through my P-226.

Lateck,

PS: I do love my Rugers, my SR9c fits my hands perfectly.

Osage

Bearcat
New rugers OR...

Let's see it must have an external hammer, SA/DA, decocker and a double stack magazine. Aside from that a rail would be nice but not essential. So I guess with regard to New Rugers for me it would be OR "Not".

As you know, I do like my new-to-me pristine P89T

Osage

I love Rugers, but couldn't pass on a great deal. Got the Sig P226R (rail) with night sights. Used but in excellent shape. Included 3 magazines.

Bought from a great guy off a local buy/sell/trade sight for $400. Pics will be posted as soon as I get it cleaned up and my new grips installed.

Now for the other one. So far I'm just moving forward on the P938. But still interested in the LC9s

modrifle3

Buckeye
I actually just started selling off my .45 p series to finance a new p227 and p226. I just can't shoot them with the accuracy of my other platforms.

Very little wear on this gun. A steal at $400. Included 2 boxes of ammo. Winchester white box 180 gr. JHP.

Includes blue Sig box, everything it came with and 3 magazines.

modrifle3 said:
I actually just started selling off my .45 p series to finance a new p227 and p226. I just can't shoot them with the accuracy of my other platforms.

I think you will enjoy them! Here is my P227 and P226 Elite Enhanced...