Life changing moment for me as a P-nut.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Just found out that Ruger in fact made a P85 in DC only! KP85DC really. I never knew this and had a safe model in my humble collection of used P-guns.

I asked the gal at Ruger to try and clarify how many 85DC units were made so we'll see what she says.

I am still on the look out for one of the original units with the extended slide stop too but have only seen one in my travels and it was out of my price range.

http://www.ruger.com/links/auction.html

Just venting more than anything.

Al James

Hunter
Thanks for posting! I would like to own one. I remember seeing them advertised back in the day but I had never seen one. One thing I noticed was the description says stainless FRAME? $605 with 6 days remaining! Curious where it will land. Thanks again Roy!

roylt

Hunter
Al,
The last P-gun Ruger sold went for 1100 I think and it was a KP85. Very nice and vault fresh but way out of my league.

So you knew of this and didn't tell me!!?? I thought we were DC nuts and shared everything. HAHA.

I'm guessing this will go around the 1K mark again. DC is not for everyone.

roylt

Hunter
Oh, and I doubt the frame is really stainless. I bet it is just like all the rest.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
When I collected the P-Series guns I only saw one KP85-DC and knew of one other privately owned pistol. Rare Birds indeed! :wink:
The frame on the one I saw and held was not Stainless Steel it was the same as my KP85 Safety model.

I kept a First year P85 with the long slide release lever, and a KP85, safety model both NIB and sold the rest.

Glad to see you guys that appreciate the P-Series & posting your observations.

Terry

roylt

Hunter
Went cheaper than I figured. Sadly not mine though. I see you didn't bid either Al??

Al James

Hunter
I thought about it hard. The fact that it takes a different magazine (P15) bothers my ocd. I have a few other P guns on my list to buy before a P85DC. $705 for a P85.....good thing Rev wasn't bidding. :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yeah ... I would have stopped bidding .... At ZERO. :D

You know the old saying about a fool and his money ....

REV

Several of you said the KP was not stainless steel.... what was it then... and are you specifically talking about the 85 model or others.... as some of you may know I have a few Decock P pistols too, all in 9mm.

roylt

Hunter
The upper is stainless. We (me specifically) are talking about the frame. The frame is not stainless. Metal yes but not stainless.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Gentlemen,
Here's an old picture that shows some of the early different shipper stamps and their location, I thought you might enjoy.

The bottom Shipper on the left is a 1st year P-85 with the stamp on the left, the shipper above it is a late 1st year KP-85, with the stamp centered on the end in a Bolder font.

The two on the right are early P-89 & KP-89 shippers, note they removed the caliber designation and again shifted the stamp back to the left to allow for the new model stamping column to the right.

Fun guns!
Terry

roylt

Hunter
Some of my gun "collecting" is pictures. I'll never be able to afford the real pistols. haha.

Thanks for sharing.

roylt

Hunter
You can collect anything and if you look hard enough I bet you will find someone that does. One of the strange ones that comes to mind is used gum. Not me but heard of someone that did. Of course people grow in and out of different collections. Hot wheels, key chains, pencils, rubber balls, stickers, coins, stamps, etc. These are some of the things that struck my fancy over the years. And of course P-guns.

I also just found single action pistols. I hope to limit myself on that though because they are too expensive. One or two can't hurt though, right?

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
blume357 said:
I just realized how strange a world it is (no criticism here, just fact) that not only do some folks collect guns,me too, but some of you collect the packing boxes the guns were shipped in.

:) :) Those box's also have NIB guns inside also! :D :D :wink:

Forgot to mention in my previous post that the top two shippers with labels were early P89X guns.

Al James

Hunter
T.A. WORKMAN said:
blume357 said:
I just realized how strange a world it is (no criticism here, just fact) that not only do some folks collect guns,me too, but some of you collect the packing boxes the guns were shipped in.

:) :) Those box's also have NIB guns inside also! :D :D :wink:

Forgot to mention in my previous post that the top two shippers with labels were early P89X guns.

Ya know T.A. I have always wanted a P89X. The only thing that ever kept me from finding one is that they did not offer them in DC only. I still may find one just for reloading giggles. Anyone here shoot one extensively with the 30 Luger barrel? Whats accuracy like, recoil?