Lc9s take down pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
Sold my lc9 and bought a lc9s love the trigger no problem there at all, but after I cleaned it I had all kinds of trouble getting the take down pin back in I watched the ruger video, tried holding it upside down took it back apart checked the recoil spring, one time it will go right in the next time it takes 20 or 30 min. messing with it I didn't have this problem with the old lc9 any help would with what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate very much.

slayer61

Bearcat
I'm new to this pistol, as is everyone. I found that holding it as shown in the owners manual and NOT disturbing the barrel were most helpful. Good luck.

mrasgt

Bearcat
I had a bit of a problem getting the take down pin in after it's first cleaning. Very different from the LC9. After several attempts, I finally got the pin in place.

Trucker

Single-Sixer
Get the slide and the frame lined up correctly and [assuming you have everything else reassembled correctly] the pin will almost fall in by itself.

I've only had this gun a very short time, and have cleaned it twice. Both times I had no trouble re-inserting the pin. If I recall, I pulled the slide back just a fraction of an inch to make sure there was adequate clearance and then the pin went right in. On my LCP I have a tough time getting the pin back in, where you have to press it in at an angle. Its surprising that Ruger uses so many different designs in its semi-autos. The process for taking apart and re-assembling each of the Rugers I have is different. It would be so much simpler if all of them worked the same way.

8th SPS USAF

Bearcat
After seeing the YT video I ordered several pins from Ruger incase I lost one. My worst problem is getting the recoil assembly in correct. Galloway has a new replacement coming out at the end of Sept, which I am ordering. This solves this problem.

dogtag69

Bearcat
Thanks every one I found the problem when I pulled the slide back that 1/8 in. I was pushing the barrel down and it would start but not go all the way in I put the mag in and the pin fell right in. It also fell right back out I better order some pins also I called ruger and they sent me the new recoil spring and guide rod wish I had ordered pins then.

8th SPS USAF

Bearcat
After reading your last post, I called Ruger to get the new recoil assembly also, till the Galloway's comes in.

mysquishy

Bearcat
ruger customer service is tops, right after i got my lc9s i realized i had the early version recoil spring, i sent them an email with the serial no. they shipped the new design recoil spring right out, no charge, no
questions asked.

black029

Single-Sixer
Say what you will about Glocks, good or bad, but it is great to be able to field strip one in maybe 7 seconds.

jb1911

Bearcat
black029 said:
Say what you will about Glocks, good or bad, but it is great to be able to field strip one in maybe 7 seconds.
More like 3 seconds ;)

rich642z

Single-Sixer
In the manual of the newer LC9,you have to use a paper clip or small punch for removal of pin.If you have the old pin,it will still work.

wingnuut

Bearcat
Go to Radio Shack buy a hex tunning wand and cut the hex off and you have a perfect pin pusher never a scratch they are used to turn slugs in coils or I.F. cans and they are real cheap

slayer61

Bearcat
wingnuut said:
Go to Radio Shack buy a hex tunning wand and cut the hex off and you have a perfect pin pusher never a scratch they are used to turn slugs in coils or I.F. cans and they are real cheap

Allright... I'll bite... WTF is a "hex tuniung wand, a "slug in coil" and a "I.F. can"? :shock:

wingnuut

Bearcat
It is electronics terminology IFcan is intermediant frequency tunning slug is the carbon hex slug in the middle of a tuneable coil or transformer, just ask them for a tunening
wand when you see it you will know