P89 Accuracy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MARK2.0

Bearcat
Never shot a P89 but I picked up a P85 for $200+ that is plenty accurate for me and while I'm no competition shooter I'm still a pretty fair shot. The wife was shooting minute of pie plate with it and I was able to shoot the quarter inch stick that was stuck thru the pie plate at 30 feet. That said the best I could do off hand rapid fire was minute of pie plate but that's more than adequate for a pistol made in 1986. The guy I bought it from used it to teach his kids to shoot and they now own P95's and I will use it while teaching my Grandsons gun safety along with their shooting lessons.

Osage

Bearcat
Al:

O'yes sometimes a little humor is a good thing. Agreed its always interesting, that regardless of what a person has or what he paid for something the "armchair quarterbacks" seem to come out of the woodwork with a complete array of "you should'a, would'a, could'a".

Actually, back when I bought a P95 I guess I just really never really learned to like it, so I sold it. Maybe it was the plastic look, however I have always really liked the P89T, go figure.

O'no the P89 does not have the sweet trigger that my german made Walther P5, however I firmly believe it is just as dependable and has several other features that are far superior.

Who knows maybe in time "it" will become just as accurate. :lol:

Osage