Another Comment about the LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I originally bought the LC9 a couple 3 years ago for a pocket 9mm, I hated the LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator) and the trigger was so long and broke right at the end of the trigger guard. Sold it and bought several other 9mm and a couple 380's. I finally settled on the S&W BG380 to carry.
I still wanted a 9mm so my quest continued. I final bought a Glock G26 for the size and 10 round capacity but really it was a little big and uncomfortable for a pocket gun. I also tried the Kahr PM9 did not care for that gun either. I was watching gun videos the other day and watch Hickok45 on YouTube, he was showing the new and improved striker fired LC9S.
After I watched his video I went looking for one. It took a little while but my local LGS finally got a couple in and I bought one of them today after trying the trigger out (dry firing once). Man what a difference. I traded my Glock G26 in for it and could not be happier. Finally I think Ruger learned something about the LCI (how much people just hated them). I quit buying Ruger because of the LCI, and the trigger is absolutely great.
Finally they got it very right. I have 4 Ruger Hand guns and one rifle, I have always been a big Ruger fan and now I am happy no more LCI and a great compact Striker fired 9mm.
Just my 2 cents worth, Oh and it fits the front pocket great.

loaded round

Hunter
I agree! I've had my LC9s for over 3 weeks now and have put 150 rounds thru it now w/o any problems. This little pistol in one of the more accurate pistols I've owned at 7 yards. Just bought a Crimson trace laser for it and now will have the best of both worlds. :)

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Next thing I may buy is the laser. I like the laser on my BG380 and I think that I might put one on this, still debating though.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Took it out this morning 9-14-2014 shot dead on and with no problems. Some times it would surprise me when the trigger went off/ Love this gun. The only problem I am having is when I take it down and put it back together the gun is locking up and it takes me for ever to get it unlocked to where it will go back to gather correctly. Do not know what I am doing wrong but some thing. Today I even had to take the frame out of the grip to figure out what the problem was and never did figure it out. But at least while I had it apart I took out the magazine disconnect.
Gun is great though and has found a home for life.

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
I'm heading out to my LGS tomorrow and plan to see if they have any in. May need to see if I can work a trade.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
When my LGS got his couple in and I felt the trigger, my Glock 26 went to him for the trade in and some layaway cash. No more need for the Glock now that Ruger woke up.

slayer61

Bearcat
The Mrs. and I had hers at the range Saturday, and I can attest to the quality of the new striker fired single stack. What a great little pistol. :D

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
I went to the LGS today and they had one in stock. Dry fired it and there is a substantial difference in the trigger. They want 369. Offered 190 in trade for my LC9 with the laser. Ouch. Don't expect much but financially can't afford to take that kind of a bath right now.
The guy there also had me check out the Kahr. Their pocket nines seem very nice but I don't really know much about them. Pricewise they were in the same ballpark for the one he was showing me. Anyone have any kind of a comparison based on experience?

mcoe74

Bearcat
I agree, the LC9s is a great improvement over the LC9. The trigger and no LCI are both positives.