LC9 magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I am looking for a spare magazine for the LC9 and have found a lot of them on EBAY. Some of them are made by Promag and others are Ruger magazines. Now the Promags are cheaper and I am wondering if any of you have had experience with them.

Comments? 8)

LaneP

Single-Sixer
I don't know about Pro Mag these days but about 10 years ago I bought two Pro Mag's for a P220 and neither would feed reliably. I ended up tossing them in the trash.

loaded round

Hunter
I recently bought a LC9s that only came with one mag and I also checked Ebay to buy two more. Pro Mag's were almost half the price of Ruger mags but I remember that I bought two of them a while back for my M1A and they were POS that I ended up s-canning them. Go for the Rugers. BTW, who in Italy makes these Ruger mags?

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Mec-Gar makes the Ruger mags that come from Italy. I have never had any problems with any Mec-Gar mag and they supply the mags for a lot of for different firearms. I only use OEM or Mec-Gar mags, they always work flawlessly while others may or may not work. Avoid the cheap junk, the ammo you waste testing the junk will more than offset the difference in price and avoid a lot of aggravation.

loaded round

Hunter
Amen!

cjs1945 said:
Mec-Gar makes the Ruger mags that come from Italy. I have never had any problems with any Mec-Gar mag and they supply the mags for a lot of for different firearms. I only use OEM or Mec-Gar mags, they always work flawlessly while others may or may not work. Avoid the cheap junk, the ammo you waste testing the junk will more than offset the difference in price and avoid a lot of aggravation.

JollyTiger

Bearcat
I bought two Pro Mags for my lc9s. I don't know how well the feed as I couldn't get them in the gun. They just don't fit but the make attractive paper weights.

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
I've had terrible luck with aftermarket mags. I've learned to stick with factory mags. Cheaper in the end.