Another P-nut adventure. P944 fun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
So can anyone tell me what I did? I'll post details after a few guesses.

roylt

Hunter
Yes, but more specifically. I was able to swap the slide only and maintain the camblock and swing link in the proper frames.

pyth0n

Buckeye
roylt said:
Yes, but more specifically. I was able to swap the slide only and maintain the camblock and swing link in the proper frames.
I forgot about the different systems. So if only the slides, do they work as they did originally? I wouldn't think there'd be a problem.

roylt

Hunter
The only difference is the little cutout on the slide for the slide stop to go thru during assembly. You have to manipulate the slide to accomodate that new position.

At first I thought I was going to have to cut a new spot on each slide to allow for assembly but to my surprise it just popped together.

I have not shot either with live rounds but empty, dry fire and hand rack etc seems all good.

I basically wanted the newer camblock setup with DC only. I'm a DC only guy. Although I do have a P85 in my humble collection.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I remember with my P95 you had to change out the guts of the frame as well to switch from manual safety to decock only. Is that the case with the 944? The P94 sure is a handsome pistol!

roylt

Hunter
the internals of the 95 differ. Trigger bar specifically. The metal frame P-guns are simpler.

I have switched a pair of 95s around but it took a frame mod to make it work right. Not hard really but you have to be careful. I posted the 95 mod on here too.

roylt

Hunter
The 89 was my first P-gun and I fell in love hard but after all my experiences I think the 944DC is my fav. I wish I could find a cheap holster that was nice. I have a Dillon for my 89 that I really like but Dillon was done by the time the 944 came out. Or at least I think so.

Al James

Hunter
Good work Roy! Glad you're still playing with the pguns. I've missed quite a few on GB lately but did win a like new kp94d 9mm a few weeks ago. Ive been working on making twin sets of the DC only guns. My wife is in full wtf mode. Lol, be quiet and go buy another pair of shoes. I'll try and get some pics up soon for those of us that appreciate the P series pistols. Especially the SS DC only models.

roylt

Hunter
I literally LOL'd about the wife comment.

I think I saw that you get a 93 too or maybe that was the 94.

I got a 95DC to resell and ended up keeping it because it was only 2 numbers off from the other one I had. So still not making money on guns really but a fun hobby if you can afford it.

And please do post away. We need more P-gun stuff on here. The SR's get "sticky's" but no love for the P-guns.

19&41

Bearcat
A couple of months ago, I came across a P94 in nice condition. I was surprised by it as I thought only polymer frame pistols of this type were made. It is nice to have a trimmer P that I can put my lasergrips on.

welder

Buckeye
The P94 9mm is one of my very favorite guns. I would not hesitate to buy another. I have carried in concealed some and it works well for me. Oh how I miss the metal P guns that used to sit on the shelf of my LGS. I wish I had bought several more.

pyth0n

Buckeye
roylt said:
these are the 944 / 40 cal. Ruger never made a camblock 94 in 9mm.
Mine has the swing link, and I was able to get a .357 sig. barrel from EFK. I need an elev. adjustable or taller rear sight because the .357 shoots low.