Spare parts for LC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vasi19

Bearcat
I just picked up a new lc9 with viridian laser and the sales person also enclosed a coupon to buy spare parts or other stuff from Ruger. Are there any parts that I should be aware of to order to have on hand? I haven't even been to the range yet but plan to maybe get to the range next weekend. With my schedule it is difficult to get out to shoot.

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Since buying mine I bought a spare magazine catch, a firing pin and a recoil spring assembly. I have already used the magazine catch because on mine when relatively new I was able to inadvertently release the mag with gripping pressure from my pinkie on the mag base plate. That seemed to fix that issue.

I don't know if I'd ever need the firing pin, but I anticipate eventually the recoil spring may need to be swapped out if I shoot it enough.

vasi19

Bearcat
Highspeedlane, Thanks for your input. I guess no one here gets spare parts for their Rugers. I have always purchased a few parts for my other guns and am glad I did, because when something wears I have been able to repair right away and not have to wait and order and get the answer "out of stock". I would think the springs would be good to have on hand because they tend to weaken. Maybe I am rushing things and Ruger uses the best in their guns and doesn't wear out.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I keep spares for all my high use guns, I hate having to send a gun back to replace a $2.00 part. Ruger is alot better than many manufacturers in this regard, I do wish they would get off their arse and put all the parts for auto pistols on shopruger.com.

That's the biggest advantage to the ultra popular guns like Glock, AR-15, 1911, etc. Every part you could possibly need is readily available from thousands of sources and its totally possible to build one with no OEM parts whatsoever in pretty much any configuaration you want.

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
I always have extra recoil spring assemblies available. Just like shocks on your car, they need to be replaced depending on use.
Cheap insurance.

Hip Shot

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I used to own an LC9 and also bought a spare guide rod and recoil springs figuring those parts would likely need to be replaced first unless something completely broke on the gun.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
With the new LC9s coming out, I have to wonder if Ruger will dump the original LC9 and of course spare parts would dry up. Recoil springs for sure and that design of the magazine catch also makes good sense.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
See, that is why my enthusiasm for this very nice pistol has been so dampened. I could see myself really liking the LC9S and shooting it all the time. Then Ruger decides to replace it with something more trendy and I now have a disposable gun. P95 owners are going through this and those pistols were only discontinued last year.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
See, that is why my enthusiasm for this very nice pistol has been so dampened. I could see myself really liking the LC9S and shooting it all the time. Then Ruger decides to replace it with something more trendy and I now have a disposable gun. P95 owners are going through this and those pistols were only discontinued last year.
Well said.... the only thing is that the LC9 and LC9s are cheap enough where we can replace them in 5-10 years. Perhaps Ruger will come out with a made in USA toaster next year.

vasi19

Bearcat
Thanks for all your inputs. I am ordering the parts recommended and hope Ruger doesn't discontinue parts like some have said.