Sig P938 for my tikka t3

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rduchateau2954

Bearcat
Local guy has a Sig P938 with two mags and $85 for my tikka t3 lite stainless in .270. Topped with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 with the bdc reticle.

Would you do it?

What variation of P938 is it? Most go for $550 +/- in these parts...

Simply due to the fact I'm looking for a new carry weapon, I probably WOULD right now... I love Sig pistols. The ones I own are great, a P227 and two P226s, but are too big for carry duty. Also got a lead on a nice P220, great gun I have been wanting, but too big for the intended purpose.

If looking at it from a strictly financial view, I recommend going to gun broker and pricing completed auctions or buy it now of the gun you have as opposed to the Sig P938.

If looking at it from the aspect, which fills a greater need? Then get what you need most.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
rduchateau2954 said:
Would you do it?
Probably not.

I really like Sigs, but I'm trying to envision a 16oz. 9mm for self defense.
The best summary I can think of is OUCH! I . . WANT . . to love that pistol,
but every review I can find tells me they are uncomfortable to shoot.

I . . had . . a Kimber Solo for a few trips to the range. It is/was worse to
shoot than a Kimber Ultra in .45ACP. The Solo has a new home (via a
dealer) and I have something else.

If you read several reviews, you (at least I) see one consistent result; the
shot strings are consistently low and Left, implying strongly (at least to me)
that the shooter is pushing as he touches off each round. When almost all
of the reviews show the same thing . . . . . . :roll:

YMMV, but I would pass.
(Besides which, why does he want to get rid of it?) :D

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
If you do trade, shoot it first. It's my understanding that the Sig warranty doesn't transfer from the original purchaser.
I have a 938 and it's never given any trouble at all, but thats not the case with some.
I have a extended mag with mine and the extra finger makes a lot of difference. I have no problem hitting what I aim at.

rduchateau2954

Bearcat
Thanks guys, I told him if do the rifle minus the scope, which I was asking $550 for and I'd throw in the remaining 58rds of ammo I have left.

DaTrigg - it's the Equinox

PAT - I realize it's gonna be a bit snappy but in all the reviews I've seen and read, plus the input from owners don't mention a lot of discomfort. The only negative thing that comes up is the trigger.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
rduchateau2954 said:
PAT - I realize it's gonna be a bit snappy but in all the reviews I've seen and read, plus the input from owners don't mention a lot of discomfort. The only negative thing that comes up is the trigger.
If it works out, let us know what you think of the recoil. :D

rduchateau2954

Bearcat
Well the offer on the table atm is Tikka+Scope for Sig+7rd Mag+ $120.

I've talked to several owners and a firearms instructor and they all say that while a bit snappy just because of its size, it's a pleasure to shoot and the all metal frame makes felt recoil a lot less than the similar sized polymer guns.

I also ran down to cabelas to play with one and really like it, the SAO is smooth, trigger pull isn't bad, and its just a solid little gun.

rduchateau2954

Bearcat
Ah, no deal. I told him if he wanted the shells with it he would have to come up to $150.

He didn't bite. Oh well.

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
You won't regret getting a P938, I shoot 124-125 gr with comfort. The safety is stiff enough that it is not bumped off easily when carrying cocked and locked. Sig also tapered the top of the safety lever so you are able to operate the slide while it is engaged. Ive had mine for several months and run a few hundred rounds through it with zero failures. My wife shoots it easily without issue so recoil is not that bad.

rduchateau2954

Bearcat
I love the way this all steel gun feels, so solid.

On a side note, who sells a dirty gun? It wasn't bad and the first thing I'm gonna do is take it apart anyway because I'm weird like that but still.