lc9 trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I notice today that if I accidently push to the left on the trigger of my LC9 it locks up and won't move. When I pull straight back which is the way you should there is no problem. I have had the weapon now for a couple of years and now and then I felt the trigger wouldn't move. I moved my finger a little and it would fire so I always was thinking that my support hand got in the way of my trigger finger and cause this to happen when it happen today I began looking closer at it and notice that if I didn't have my finger far enough in the trigger guard I would push the trigger to the side instead of to the rear and lock the trigger. I also notice that the trigger is a little loose. Does anyone else have a loose trigger? thank you

be safe

thomaskling

Bearcat
I only had the Factory trigger for a short time, but did not notice this problem. I gutted my LC-9 and replaced the trigger with one from RTK. Also replaced the springs, trigger bar, and guide bar. It shoots a lot better but I have not fired enough rounds thru it to determine reliability. This gun has turned out to be a poor choice for a CCW due to the extremely long and heavy trigger pull. You should remove the trigger and inspect it for damage or foreign matter in the gun.

George

Blackhawk
Tjohnnylaw53, My wife and I each have a LC9 and they both are free from that issue side stick issue you have.
thomaskling, Also the long pull is built into the gun to make it safe most small CC pocket guns have a heavy trigger or a long pull.. The pull on both guns is long but not to heavy at all with a clean break to it. Yes one does have to get use to it a bit but one should if one is going to use it for CCW. A 1911 pull light and clean on a gun like that and you will end up shooting you foot off. The LC9 is a nice gun for what it was intended for as is the LCP and LC.380 There not range pistols! But I think you may be looking for a trigger Pull like the one that's on the New LC9S " stricker fired gun".. You may want to check it out. George

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
George said:
Tjohnnylaw53, My wife and I each have a LC9 and they both are free from that issue side stick issue you have.
thomaskling, Also the long pull is built into the gun to make it safe most small CC pocket guns have a heavy trigger or a long pull.. The pull on both guns is long but not to heavy at all with a clean break to it. Yes one does have to get use to it a bit but one should if one is going to use it for CCW. A 1911 pull light and clean on a gun like that and you will end up shooting you foot off. The LC9 is a nice gun for what it was intended for as is the LCP and LC.380 There not range pistols! But I think you may be looking for a trigger Pull like the one that's on the New LC9S " stricker fired gun".. You may want to check it out. George
Well said, these are not range guns but you can learn to shoot the double action trigger with practice. My first requirement is not to shoot myself and bleed to death! Let's get real here, I talked to a recently retired local cop who worked in a lot of rotten area and only had a single shooting in 26 years! Now I am not called to go down to problems like he was on a regular basis. The LC9 with that long trigger which is pretty light, is just perfect for a carry piece. Easier to shoot than a J-frame and a few more shots too. Because the LC9 has that nice little thumb safety(not needed with original trigger), the new LC9s striker gun, with that shorter lighter trigger, should be very safe with the thumb safety.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
My wife bought me a new LC9s for my birthday last month, I have about fifty rounds down the pipe with mine without one problem, the trigger, and thumb safety make it very good CCW. You can go to youtube and lookup Hickok45's report, he has a great review on the new LC9s.